After the storm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vestal

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
Abingdon,Virginia
We had a bad storm here last night, lots of lightning.

This after noon when I turned on receiver I have no signal or quality.

I checked and the motor moves the dish and I bypassed the 2x1 switch.

I am getting 18 VDC to the LNB, I switched the coax to the other side of the
QPH031 Quad LNBF and still no signal or quality.

Do I need another LNB?

Thanks

Doesn't sound good, did you check both the circ and linear sides? Lightning may have got you.
Any damage on the cable? Try another lnbf if you have one, but it sounds like you diagnosed the likely solution.

Thanks guys for the help.

I tried both circ and linear, no signal or Q

I will try the short cable tomorrow after work.

I went ahead and ordered a new lnbf, I'm thinking I will need it.

Thanks again for the help

Tried the short section of coax to the lnbf and still no signal.

Another problem I am having is with my AZBox that is slaved to Fortec Dynamic receiver.

When using the HDMI cable the TV says 'NO Signal' if I hook up the Component output from the AZBox to the TV it displays fine.

How often do HDMI cables go bad? I think I have another around here somewhere, if I can find it I'll give it a try.

Thanks

I had HDMI selected and everything was working fine untill Sunday night.

When I checked the settings today it was set to Component but when I changed it back to HDMI I still get the 'No Signal' message on the TV.

Couldn't find the other HDMI cable, will pick up another and see if that is the problem.

Thanks for the help

Have everything working on the Fortec Dynamic now.

The AZBox will not output any signal on the HDMI output, I tried it on two TVs and both show 'No Signal'.

Is there any chance a factory reset might fix this problem?

Thanks

There's always a chance, I suppose. What firmware are you using ? Maybe switching firmware versions ( up one version and then back again ) might work, too. If you got it from Rick's , PM him on his forum and he can talk to you on the phone about it. He's got a lot of experience on these through this "teething" process.
:)

Are you getting output on Composite or Component?
Are you using the supplied HDMI cable?
Which Firmware is loaded?
Have you re-loaded the Firm?

I am getting an output on the Component, haven't tried the Composite yet.

There wasn't a HDMI cable supplied with this one, but I have tried two cables with the same results.

I did a Factory Reset and there was no change. I updated the firmware once when i got the box, first of July not sure which version.

I will see if I can figure out how to re-load the Firmware.

Thanks for all the help

I would try reloading the Firm.
If you do not have it connected to the internet, you can copy the firm to a USB drive...
Settings
System Info Menu
Right Click over once
Down Click to Firmware Upgrade
Change to USB
Select the Firm that you copied to the USB Drive

One thing after typing this....
Depending on the Firmware, you should set the resolution from the Settings Menu, not using the "resolution" button.

I reloaded the firmware ,version 0.9.2880 TD210

Still no HDMI ouput.

I checked again and I'm still getting Componet as will as Composite outputs

Settings in Settings Menu are, HDMI,720p, NTSC, 4.3

Not sure what is going on with this thing.

Thanks again

Thats exactly the way my Invacoms have gone, after a storm they show 0 - 0. I have had 2 go bad, one a few years ago, and one last week. Last week it was not powered on, but still went bad. Just got through changing it out about a half hour ago.... the mosquitoes are out tonight.

Can you try 480 & 1080?
Also, try 16:9

Tried these setings and still 'No Signal' mesage on the TV, also tried the HDMI 2 input on TV with the same results.

Scanned in a couple SD channels after Factory Reset and firmware update and the box is working good on Component output.

Had a coworker check the HDMI cable on his equipment.

He said the cable worked fine.

At least I can still watch the AZBOX with the Component output, not as good as the HDMI but looks pretty good

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts