Agree to 24 more months and get 3 months of HBO STARZ?

smoeke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
according to my account online Dish is offering me to lock in for 24 more months,with my existing account,which is still under contract until next june,if i want to try the new HBO Starz HD channels for 3 months.

i dont think i want to be locked in for a total of almost 3 more years for 3 months of premiums, but i was surprised to see it offered none the less.

i dont think i want to be locked in for a total of almost 3 more years for 3 months of premiums, but i was surprised to see it offered none the less.
It's not two years plus what you have left. Just two years from now.

Also Platnum HD? I was at that level with AT-250 until Voom was removed. I then downgraded to Essentials. It would be nice to have HDNet Movies back but I would hate to be locked into Dish right now. I just don't trust them.

Three months of free HBO and Starz isn't much of an incentive for a 24 month commitment. They WILL charge you in that 4th month if you forget to call and cancel. Maybe if they just threw Starz in there for half price through the whole 24 months, THAT might be worth it.

Three months of free HBO and Starz isn't much of an incentive for a 24 month commitment. They WILL charge you in that 4th month if you forget to call and cancel. Maybe if they just threw Starz in there for half price through the whole 24 months, THAT might be worth it.

they should just give you the 3 months free. 2 year commitment for 3 months is rough. just give the 3 months to your long time loyal customers.

My 18 month commitment just expired and I called and they gave me $10 off a month for 12 months and 3 months free HBO/Starz with NO additional committment. Gotta talk to the retention department or whatever it is called.

For no additional commitment - that sounds like an interesting offer. I have been with Dish for 8 years now, and the guy on the automated phone menu says I am one of their most valuable customers. They may be able to do that for me. Thanks for the info!! :D

Yea, the normal CSR wouldn't give me anything really. And then I said ok well what if I said I was going to DirecTV? And they said can I put you over to retention? And they gave me that deal right away after I said my committment was up and I was looking at my options for other providers. She also said if I wanted to swap my 622 for a 722 they would for free, but I would have to do the 24 month committment for that one. I passed on that though. Maybe when they get the 722K I will do it, but really who knows what will happen with the "Great Satellite Wars of Late 2008"??

BTW Scott, feel free to use "Great Satellite Wars of Late 2008" if you want. Heh :D

For no additional commitment - that sounds like an interesting offer. I have been with Dish for 8 years now, and the guy on the automated phone menu says I am one of their most valuable customers. They may be able to do that for me. Thanks for the info!! :D

yeah i get that to but they don't give me squat. i hope it goes well for you. give it a shot.

Yea, the normal CSR wouldn't give me anything really. And then I said ok well what if I said I was going to DirecTV? And they said can I put you over to retention? And they gave me that deal right away after I said my committment was up and I was looking at my options for other providers. She also said if I wanted to swap my 622 for a 722 they would for free, but I would have to do the 24 month committment for that one. I passed on that though. Maybe when they get the 722K I will do it, but really who knows what will happen with the "Great Satellite Wars of Late 2008"??

BTW Scott, feel free to use "Great Satellite Wars of Late 2008" if you want. Heh :D

And that is why our bills keep going up and up

I'm only a month in...so I mashed the button. What's one more month for three free months ;)

Lots of HD to be had on my guide now with HD Absolute and this promotion.

I still like 2 years of cinemax for that penny I was never charged

4 of the 5 channels are HD :D

Does anyone have any idea of when this promotion may end?

Entourage begins in September, and the "cheap" person in me would like to use this promotion to see it, but I also do not want to miss out on it.

Does anyone have any idea of when this promotion may end?

Entourage begins in September, and the "cheap" person in me would like to use this promotion to see it, but I also do not want to miss out on it.

The fine print on the website says the offer ends 1/31/09.

And this only for HD customers right? I mean it's not a "HBO and Starz free 3 month package" in exchange for a 24-month contract regardless of whether you have an HD package right?

Oh, some of us older at&t|Dish customers can get the deal without the commitment as well, just like we could sign up with no commitment originally either (although the DIU for the 722 hit me for an 18 month...)

Right now I have AbsoluteHD and don't want to be forced to switch to the higher priced TurboHD. If I take this offer of free HBO/Starz, does that constitute a program change and they will zap me with Turbo?

How are we going to get 150 HD by year end?

HELP Acquired 129, 119, but cant get 110

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts