Ahhh... PBS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
Prior to my FTA adventure one of my favorite local channels was PBS. I'm still very much into PBS for educational purposes as well as British comedy and mystery. I'm getting all the PBS channels in "TheList" for 87W. There are other what I'd consider inferior lists on the Internet saying that Louisiana Public, Montana PBS, Georgia Public Broadcasting, Nebraska Public TV are available FTA. I have not been able to find any of these additional PBS stations. Can someone shed a little light on this for me?​

One more thing if I may. Since the program guides for FTA don't seem to work is there a good source online for seeing what's coming up on all these wonderful channels I now have?​

Thanks​

Montana PBS is on AMC3 and you should get it

12145 H 4340

The others are Digicipher II (whereas the FTA boxes are DVB). The only one available to consumers in Georgia PBS and you need a 4DTV receiver

Titantv.com is a great way to log in the guide
I have it set up for both Montana PBS and the PBS stations

Thanks Ice.

BTW this needs to be added to TheList but you probably already knew that.:)

You will need a 4DTV to get Georgia Public Broadcasting and Nebraska Ed TV, Louisianna is not available.

GPB is on AMC 3 (K3) Ku, TP 640

NET is on G 26 (IA 6, T6), TPs 600-617

Tony is right about Titan TV. But, it will not except PBS, so you have to enter the call letters of your closest local PBS station. This will work, since practically all PBS channels broadcast the same schedule.

Enjoy!!!!!

I know you can add PBS to the list...The national one is I think PBS and west coast is PBS-P. I cant check titantv here at work but I'll check how I have it set up when I get home

You will need a 4DTV to get Georgia Public Broadcasting and Nebraska Ed TV, Louisianna is not available.

GPB is on AMC 3 (K3) Ku, TP 640

NET is on G 26 (IA 6, T6), TPs 600-617

Tony is right about Titan TV. But, it will not except PBS, so you have to enter the call letters of your closest local PBS station. This will work, since practically all PBS channels broadcast the same schedule.

Enjoy!!!!!

Im trying to lock onto GPB with my genpix using tsreader.

Ive tried all three DGII modulations listed on 11984/V/19510 3/4fec

my spectrum shows the signal there, its defn not as strong as the dvb ones. is the signal significantly lower to the point where a larger dish is often required for this ? I cant seem to lock onto any of the dgii listed on 87.0w lyngsat site

nope. you may need to manually enter the frequency info as blind scans sometimes skip it but it will log the channel on a manual scan

titantv codes
KUSM Montana PBS
PBS-X main feed
PBS-XP main feed delayed 3 hrs

Thanks Ice. Any idea how this correlates to "TheList"?

On 12138 V / 30001 The first two channels I get audio and not video. I assume this is because I don't have HD decoding capabilities on my SD box. I do get the third one on there, 11 PBS E/I 177. Create and PBS V me on 12178 V / 30001 are self explanatory. That leaves 8 channels on the list. If two are PBS-X and PBS-XP then I need to decode the other six. TitanTV lists a bunch of options like PBS-XD, PBSDT-E, PBSDT-W, PBSDT2, etc. I originally thought that the PBS-X would mirror PBSDT-E and PBS-XP would mirror PBSDT-W but they don't. I'm sure I can figure it out over time but if someone already figured it out please let me know.​

Thanks.​

On 12138 V / 30001 The first two channels I get audio and not video. I assume this is because I don't have HD decoding capabilities on my SD box. I do get the third one on there, 11 PBS E/I 177.​

correct. The 1st two are HD feeds...one spanish one english​

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts