Aiming issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tyrion's Brow

Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I have tailgating setup that I upgrading this year. I have an HR 44 receiver and SL3 dish. I'm having difficulty getting a signal. First I can't get audio feedback for signal strength. Plus it only shows Not Acquired. I tailgate in the same spot every year and always place dish at same spot. Aim over the corner of the building has worked every time for 101 deg. Any ideas what's going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tailgating setup that I upgrading this year. I have an HR 44 receiver and SL3 dish. I'm having difficulty getting a signal.
Is this dish a SWiM model with the requisite power inserter inline and powered?

Does the Genie show any error messages on the screen?

I go from the single output lnb to the Power to SWM. Then from Signal to IRD to the back of the receiver

No error message. Just Not Acquired and no audio feedback (beeping)

The HR44 doesn't provide audio feedback on the signal strength screen. It has been taking out of all the HD and HDDVR receivers for a while except for maybe the H20, not 100% sure about that one.

I go from the single output lnb to the Power to SWM. Then from Signal to IRD to the back of the receiver
If (and this is a BIG if) the old dish was a Phase III, you need to be pointing East of the building corner. The Phase III was centered on 110W but the SL3 must be pointing at 101W. The tilt is also different between the Phase III and the SL3.

Given the sensitivity of the Ka signals, eyeballing may not be sufficient.

Input the location and multi-lnb assembly information here: http://www.dishpointer.com

:welcome to Satelliteguys Tyrion's Brow!

Did you have any luck getting set up?

The HR44 doesn't provide audio feedback on the signal strength screen. It has been taking out of all the HD and HDDVR receivers for a while except for maybe the H20, not 100% sure about that one.
I'm not sure if ANY of the D* branded recvrs have a working Audio level.

Tyrion,

From everything you have posted, your new setup should be working. My only guess is that you are not really pointing where you think you are pointing.
You did not say what dish you used to use, so I am going to guess that you used an 18" dish and you aimed the arm at that building. Now if you add a new HD Slimline dish and pre-dial the skew, you cannot just aim the arm at the same location. So, for a trial, make sure that the dish skew is set at 90 degrees and you aim the arm at your old location. And, while it should be the same, you may need to move it back and fort a bit for the best signal. Once you have your best signal, then set the skew for whatever setting you have from dishpointer and notice where the arm points now. This will be your new reference point.

Please let us know if this makes a difference.

Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts