Coax configuration help needed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jborchel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
I recently moved and left my antenna setup for a Genie for the next user. Unfortunately he decided to hook everything up and when it didn't work he started unhooking coax connections in the antenna area. I don't know the correct sequence of things so I was hoping someone here could help. Here is what I think is present:

1. Two coax cables coming out of the antenna.
2. One coax cable that goes from a small box that looks like two way splitter to what I think is a SWM box in the garage. This box is powered.
As far as I can remember the SWM cable is two way(Bi-directional) with the small box. The small box had a cap on one hub. It says SWM Directv 2-2150Mhz, 2 Way Splitter, MSPLIT 2RO-03 on the label.
3. One coax cable that goes into the house to the Genie.

Any help is appreciated.

If you moved and someone else is using it. Make them pay DirecTV to come out and fix it. Unless you own the property. I would just wash my hands of the issue and be polite, telling the new resident who to call.

Sorry. When I sold the house to them I told them I would help them hook up the antenna. Can you help me?

Sorry. When I sold the house to them I told them I would help them hook up the antenna. Can you help me?
That opens up a huge can of worms, that they will call you for every little thing. Or place blame on you, if their tv gets destroyed by lightning.

Separate yourself from the new home owners, and have them call DirecTV to do the work. The house is no longer your responsibility. So why keep involved with it. Next thing you know. They will be calling you because the roof leaks, the water heater went out, the furnace or a/c quit. You get the idea where this is going.

I recently moved and left my antenna setup for a Genie for the next user. Unfortunately he decided to hook everything up and when it didn't work he started unhooking coax connections in the antenna area. I don't know the correct sequence of things so I was hoping someone here could help. Here is what I think is present:

1. Two coax cables coming out of the antenna.
2. One coax cable that goes from a small box that looks like two way splitter to what I think is a SWM box in the garage. This box is powered.
As far as I can remember the SWM cable is two way(Bi-directional) with the small box. The small box had a cap on one hub. It says SWM Directv 2-2150Mhz, 2 Way Splitter, MSPLIT 2RO-03 on the label.
3. One coax cable that goes into the house to the Genie.

Any help is appreciated.

If you have two cables from the dish, only one is being used. Figure out which one first. Assuming only one box, the Genie is being used, connect it this way: from the one cable from the dish go to the power inserter, then from there to the back of the Genie. That's it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts