aiming minibud

Status
Please reply by conversation.

haywwod jablome

Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
bugbid florida
Hey guys, I'm new to the true FTA scene and have made the investment of the motorized minibud dish. I am having trouble with the installation and was wondering if the was a link to help. I have read quite a bit and nothing helps. I'm recieving signal according to a sat finder, but no channels. I have factory defaulted my reciever removing any files and am locked onto 110W The diseqc on the motor is 1.2 and my reciever is 1.0 hope thats not a problem. Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, I'm new to the true FTA scene and have made the investment of the motorized minibud dish. I am having trouble with the installation and was wondering if the was a link to help. I have read quite a bit and nothing helps. I'm recieving signal according to a sat finder, but no channels. I have factory defaulted my reciever removing any files and am locked onto 110W The diseqc on the motor is 1.2 and my reciever is 1.0 hope thats not a problem. Thanks in advance.

DiSEqC 1.0 on your receiver is a switch setting, not a motor setting. You will have to go into the motor setting menu on your receiver to change to either USALS or DiSEqC 1.2. Personally I like 1.2 over USALS

Is 110 your true south?
Mini's C's get set up just like a Ku dish. The LNBF focal point seem much more touchy on a mini

How do you know your on 110W with a C Band LNB, I didn't think there were any C band TP's on that bird. I can't even see it on my C/Ku LNBF

aiming a minibud motorized setup for c-band would be a nightmare...i would forget about c-band for now and use ku-band linear birds first for aiming purposes....check all ku-band linear birds across the arc to verify you are aimed perfect...once you have done this you can change your lnb for the c-band...

aiming a minibud motorized setup for c-band would be a nightmare...i would forget about c-band for now and use ku-band linear birds first for aiming purposes....check all ku-band linear birds across the arc to verify you are aimed perfect...once you have done this you can change your lnb for the c-band...

I kind of agree ! :) Not so much a nightmare as simply being more difficult to verify, since on many birds , a miniBud can't pick up any channels at all. It is much easier to use a Ku lnbf to get the dish zeroed in, since there are so many channels on so many sats to verify alignment, then swap out to a C-band lnbf as necessary. The Ku alignment is more touchy than C-band, so if the alignment works for Ku, it will be just fine for C-band.

:)

I'm finding that out, hard to lock onto anything on the C ban. I need to find my true south bird with a lat/lon of 27.5108N and 85.5755W anybody got a link for a lookumup?

dishpointer.com

Enter you Location, select the Motor Type at the bottom the the Sat List, and click "Go"
Info you need:
Dish Elevation
Motor Latitude
Magnetic Azimuth (compass)

Status
Please reply by conversation.