AirTV briefly showed up on B&H Photo Video site for $150

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Dish-EchoStar ‘Sling AirTV’ Nears Retail Debut: Report
Product will integrate local over-the-air broadcast feeds with Sling TV
Dish Network and corporate cousin EchoStar appear to be nearing the retail launch of Sling AirTV, a product that integrates over-the-air broadcast TV with Sling TV’s OTT service.
That product, which uses the Slingbox M1/M2 form factor, will cost $149.99 and launch sometime next month, according to ZatzNotFunny, which located a “draft” listing on Amazon that sheds more details on the product.
http://www.multichannel.com/blog/ba...121?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

1. Am I correct in assuming that one would connect the OTA antenna to this new "Sling AirTV" box and then connect the box to an unused ethernet port on the modem/router , then the OTA signals would be sent to the ROKU in another room?
  2. Would this use up Gigabytes from my service provider even though the signal is only being routed to a different room in the same home?
  3. How much is the signal compressed?
  4. Would this device record?

Mister B
1. I'm assuming it will support Wi-Fi like the current Slingboxes, but who knows.
2. If the AirTV and the the device used to watch the content is on the same network, then you probably won't use any of your ISP's data allowance.
3. If the AirTV is streaming to your local home network (LAN) which it's also attached to, the picture quality will be fine.
4. None of us know, but we're hoping that the USB port allows for an external HDD much like DISH's low-end satellite boxes.

I've been pondering how many tuners this sucker has, hoping for two, but wish for three to match Blue tier (three streams) package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts