AirTV dual OTA adapter, "newest" DISH adapter and DishDepot

Mark609

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 1, 2015
Texas
On the day of installation of our Hopper3 and Joey system, Nov. 11, I installed an AirTV dual tuner adapter. Day went by and the GUIDE was not populating so I called AirTV up, complained and with a "no questions asked" policy not only agreed to refund my money in full but sent me a UPS return label via email!

Being that the AirTV adapter wasn't working at the time (my lack of patience being the problem) the next day I ordered what I was told was the latest adapter by the owner Mark Schuetz assuring me "it's only a month old" and even adding the body is bigger (which it isn't, not that size should matter). Having researched lots of sites including Amazon to read about lots of customer failures I wanted only the most recent model. Seems certain adapters are nothing but trouble regarding heat issues, not populating the GUIDE, lack of dual tuning ability, etc. Models that come to mind - 212553, 212131.... What I got from Dish Depot was a bait and switch deal, adapter #213293. Now they want a 20% restocking fee after misleading me! :oldmad Customer satisfaction comes first in my world.

DISHAdapterNov18.jpg

Interesting DISH community thread with comments about the DISH part I received from Dish Depot, #213293 - Re: One tuner of dual OTA adapter keeps going “dea... - Page 7 - mydish communities - 12560

Having said that the AirTV dual adapter works perfect. :clapping You need to give your system a few days to populate. We get 24 OTA channels in the Texas hill country from the Austin area 56 miles from the broadcast towers. Am really happy with the AirTV adapter plus it's half the price of others out there.

Buyer beware......

Reactions: charlesrshell
Your photo is the latest adapter. The only difference is the outside. The AirTV one is white while this one is black. The insides are the same.
The old dual adapter that ran hot and was not as selective was much smaller.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Thanks for your input. Being that the AirTV is working so well I'm hesitant to pop open up the Depot baggie and try the Dish Depot one, don't need to. The SKU at their site also states (falsely) them selling the 213502. It's the principle of the thing. If your customer is looking forward to a product you say you're offering and then send the customer not what they ordered..... it's bad biz.

Also if you consider the progression of the numbers the 502 indicates it's a newer model than the 293 value. 212131, 212553, 213293, 213502. Read a thread where this seller did the same thing. Thread starter was very upset. DISH Lark Dual OTA Adapter for Hopper and Wally Units 753960015194 | eBay

The fact that AirTV is willing to not only refund my money in full but sent me a (free) 2nd Day UPS label is what service is all about.

http://store.dishdepot.com/dual-tuner-usb-ota-adapter

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts