Al Jazeera English, Russia Today switching - Firmware 0.9.5309

jwwbrennan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
Canada
AZBox Ultra HD various firmware releases including 0.9.5309 - For all other transponders the unit switches very quickly but for Galaxy 19, 12152H it takes upwards of a minute when moving from any other satellite, transponder or even PID on the same frequency. The details have been captured repeatedly on blind scans and work perfectly after the wait. This problem may have started any time since the spring but was not present last winter. Can anyone identify the problem? A quick search of a few terms did not return any helpful results.

AZBox Ultra HD various firmware releases including 0.9.5309 - For all other transponders the unit switches very quickly but for Galaxy 19, 12152H it takes upwards of a minute when moving from any other satellite, transponder or even PID on the same frequency. The details have been captured repeatedly on blind scans and work perfectly after the wait. This problem may have started any time since the spring but was not present last winter. Can anyone identify the problem? A quick search of a few terms did not return any helpful results.

Could be a touch of LNB frequency shift or similar issue. Try deleting the transponder and channels and re-scanning. If it still happens, you might want to delete it again, and manually enter in the transponder a few points difference in frequency up or down (for example 12150 or 12154) to see if it comes in quicker that way. I recall discussions here (and experienced it on my Pansat) about similar such issues, notably with RTV when there was a frequency very close to RTV's where it would take some receivers a long time to lock in the frequency, and manual adjustments to the frequency helped.

I've deleted the channels and re-scanned a couple of times but have not tried entering them manually. Thanks, I'll give that a go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts