AL Jazeera gets rights US to Spanish, Italian, and French Soccer Leagues

BBruin66

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Maine
I don't watch these leagues, but it would be nice to have the option. BPL could be picked up by this channel next starting with the 2013-14 season.

"We are working together with Imagina US as our partner, and we are already in the last stages of negotiation with different providers having secured two major deals so far that will bring the channel to subscribers homes on August 1.
In an interview, Antonio Briceño, vice president of affiliate sales for Imagina US, said: "We don't expect to have 100% distribution at launch, but we will reach enough homes at launch to satisfy the business plan." He expects beIN Sport to gain further distribution over time.
Although he would not identify the providers that beIn Sport was in advanced carriage talks, Briceño insisted that the matches would be available to U.S. soccer fans this upcoming season. "You may have to switch providers," he noted."
Al Jazeera to Kick Off Pair of Soccer Channels in U.S. this August - 2012-05-17 19:58:19 | Multichannel News

Is DISH getting in on it early?!? :rolleyes:

For me as I watch soccer most of the time, they should get it, because all those rights were with Fox Soccer before, and now Fox won0t have it, so this channel will be the only one with those leagues.

I'd really rather have Gol. I like Bundesliga from Germany and that's where it resides in this country.....

I'd really rather have Gol. I like Bundesliga from Germany and that's where it resides in this country.....

Would be nice to get that back, and it's in HD now, also......

..but, I doubt it.

What's interesting, is that possibly like these two new channels, DISH was the exclusive place to get Gol-TV in at least it's first year. They were the ones to give it a chance. Then, eventually Charlie shunned it when they asked to get paid, and it's been gone ever since.

I don't watch these leagues, but it would be nice to have the option. BPL could be picked up by this channel next starting with the 2013-14 season.

Al Jazeera to Kick Off Pair of Soccer Channels in U.S. this August - 2012-05-17 19:58:19 | Multichannel News

Is DISH getting in on it early?!? :rolleyes:

I'll translate. I will never in any possible situation actually sit down to watch these games, but Dish should get it and raise my and everyone's rates. Further I'm betting Dish won't get on this early, though I won't be watching so I won't really know....... :eek:k:

I'm getting the feeling the percentage of those not wanting any increases due to more sports channels popping up or taking more bandwidth is increasing two fold, daily...

I'll translate. I will never in any possible situation actually sit down to watch these games, but Dish should get it and raise my and everyone's rates. Further I'm betting Dish won't get on this early, though I won't be watching so I won't really know....... :eek:k:

I'm getting the feeling the percentage of those not wanting any increases due to more sports channels popping up or taking more bandwidth is increasing two fold, daily...

...in your mind.... :lalala:

:D

Having the three leagues, wouldn't that be too much for one network channel? They'll probably sell some games to Fox Soccer or GolTV?

ETA: Looks like it will be two channels, and they will not sublicense games to other networks. It'd be nice if Dish got Bein 1 and 2, but it won't be the end of the world if they don't.

Last edited:
For anyone from Dish reading through this, count another one who would be way into these two channels. I've loved finally being able to follow along with EPL soccer in HD on Fox Soccer, but I've really missed not having La Liga, Ligue Un, and others and have been a bit disappointed at FSC's Serie a coverage.

If BeIn ends up with EPL too in 2013, then this channel becomes essential enough to me that I would go to whoever is providing it.

For anyone from Dish reading through this, count another one who would be way into these two channels. I've loved finally being able to follow along with EPL soccer in HD on Fox Soccer, but I've really missed not having La Liga, Ligue Un, and others and have been a bit disappointed at FSC's Serie a coverage.

If BeIn ends up with EPL too in 2013, then this channel becomes essential enough to me that I would go to whoever is providing it.

+1

It will be great to finally see La Liga on Dish again! So I wouldn't have to go to my friends with DirectTV to watch El Classico every time. ;)

(Wow! What a win by Chelsea in the Champions League today!)

Sent from my iPad 3 using SatelliteGuys

It will be great to finally see La Liga on Dish again! So I wouldn't have to go to my friends with DirectTV to watch El Classico every time. ;)

I am so sad...... My German friends in Bavaria are crushed....

But El Clasico is always on ESPN anyway. And the major Spanish games were there also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts