Albany, NY install help please.

psternklar

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 9, 2007
Albany, NY area
A local company (Hi Tech Advisers) was set to do my install today but it did not happen. I told them before the install I needed HD locals through an OTA antenna. The installer showed up with a small set top antenna. He told me he could not guarantee it would work and the only way to tell was to do the set-up then try it. The problem is that if it did not work I would be stuck, he would not do a more complicated OTA antenna install. I offered him to pay for the work but he would not. I want E* (I currently have TWC) but must be able to get HD locals. Does anyone know of an installer in the Albany, NY area that would be able to do the job? I need a 622/322 set-up for 4 TVs. Thanks for the help.

I live in western, Ma, and my install and a couple of service calls was handled by Prime Service Center in Schenectady NY. I've been very happy dealing with them and the techs they've sent. I think they handle all the Dish business in this area.

You might want to give them a try and see what they can do for you. They have a web site you can check out. primeservicecenter.com

I would think if you live in the Albany area, unless you residence is surrounded by high structures or terrain, you wouldn't have a problem getting OTA HD signals.

Thanks, I sent them an email.

Just to let you know, I don't know about who would handle your email, but the last time I had the tech here on Saturday, to do my HD install, and he was calling in to tell them the job was done, I think he said the office shuts down about 2:00 Saturday afternoon. So with the holiday, you might not get an answer until early next week.

Spoke with thier office today. They will call on Tuesday to arrange for install. Seem very willing to help. I do not know if they have their own termination fee, Hi Tech Advisersers was about $300.

Thanks for the help. Spoke with them, install is set for Saturday, no additional termination fees and no problem with OTA antenna install. Looking forward to all the HD!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)