Alcatraz

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well...at times I actually found myself getting a little bored while watching this episode.

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App
I felt exactly the same way. Hope it was just that ep, not a tedious trend.

You mean the cow punching device didn't get you excited? Never seen that used as a weapon in a crime show before. The criminal this week played a Cop on the Cbs show Rookie Blue last summer. But I kind of knew that the show would become predictable after a while. Chase a criminal every week and then catch the criminal , next criminal please. They need to delve into what caused the time jump of all the inmates to 2012 and where are the correctional officers? None of them have showed up yet.

If this just turns into a "criminal of the week" chase/capture, without getting into the time warp investigation, then this is just one long boring episodic "Groundhog Day". It needs to be more like The 4400 or X-Files.

The problem with a show like this is it should have a definite termination time frame. It got strung out with Lost. It would have been better to figure that out at the beginning to have a plan. I'm afraid the same thing could happen here. At the rate they are going now, the show should last nearly three years.

I like the show, and very much liked the recent episode. They are revealing small bits at a time, just like Abrahams did with Lost.

Yep, the bad guy of the week will only get you so far. IMO, you don't Flashforward (pardon the pun) 300+ criminals just to unleash them one-at-a-time on the public. To be honest, I would be in a stupor if I had just taken a Quantum Leap (pardon the pun) nearly 50-years into the future. Heck, just trying to interface with day-to-day life would be difficult since items such as HDTV (forged right past color TV), DVR (blew right past the VCR), microprocessors (pretty much jumped right past transistors too), and broadband Internet (whizzed past AOL, CompuServ and other online communities) didn't exist. Can you imagine trying heat your dinner in Microwave Oven for the first time? Heck, our entire family was amazed when we purchased our first Litton microwave back in mid-'70s. Can you imagine these poor schleps trying to make a phone call these days...good luck dialing LUZon-6735 on a rotory phone and sending a letter without a zipcode for that matter. Of course, back in the '60s we were convinced that we would be crusing around in hover cars come 1999...and not listening to Prince since about his Little Red Corvette. :(

Anyway, I'm still interested in the show...just hope upcoming episodes aren't as predictable as the last two.

Looks like next week an Alcatraz guard reappears from the past and runs into an old acquaintance , according to my guide information. That acquaintance would have to be very old if he is still around 50 years later.

Agreed....a very good one. But...is her grandfather her grandfather or not???

You people actually watch Maury??? Best response it NO response.;)

Last edited:
13 February 2012: Paxton Petty (9:00 PM ET)

"The team uses methods of the past to track former inmate Paxton Petty, who has returned to plant bombs in populated areas of San Francisco."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com: "Alcatraz" Paxton Petty (TV episode 2012) - IMDb

Seriously, was "bomb planting" really that big of a deal 50-years ago? And why do they need to use "old school" methods when we supposedly have so many high-tech bomb-sniffing technologies in use today?

Good episode, but apparently Paxton has no recollection of how he was flashforwarded almost 50-years. Anyway, I love their "old school" methods by running querries on their super-duper computers. Anyway, a couple layers of the onion were pulled back. ;)

Last edited:
IF it was an instantaneous flash forward , then no one would know how they got there. Not the guards and not the inmates. If you remember the first episode the inmate woke up in a cell 50 years in to our present ,still dressed in his prison garb. So to him it was an instant trip over night as he slept. I imagine the Female doctor who was in the past and again in the present ,then shot, has a lot to do with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts