Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Its been a wild ride for us this week, but the performance increases have been worth it. :)

One of the BIG issues we had with the upgrades was that the OS on our system is WAY out of date so some of these new modern web server software and caching services have been giving us some issues. In fact now that everything seems as though its working great we are still seeing some issues in the background because of the outdated OS on the servers.

On Sunday at NOON Eastern time LER will be working on our servers and bringing us up to the latest version of our operating system. During much of this time the site will not be available. In talking with LER and AnthonyG they both feel it is better to take care of the issue now then let it continue to be a problem.

I personally feel that the site is running GREAT now but they tell me it could run even better when all the new stuff is running on the correct supported OS version.

Thanks for your patience as we continue to strive to make SatelliteGuys even BETTER for you!

Since we didn't get to do our work today I am going to update the forum software which I was holding off on.

It is supposed to fix some bugs and from the feedback at vBulletin.com it seems to be rather stable.

We will be down for 5 to 10 minutes or so if everything goes correctly. :)

Just downloading everything now, so will be about a half hour before I jump into it.

After this update I can't get out of mobile mode on my Droid unless I use another browser like dolphin .with the stock browser I'm having this issue.

rey_1178 said:
After this update I can't get out of mobile mode on my Droid unless I use another browser like dolphin .with the stock browser I'm having this issue.

I know what the issue is here I will fix it when I get in front of a pc. :)

If you have a stood you should try our SatelliteGuys app. :)

The work will be taking place this Sunday as it was postponed last week. :)

Remember the site will be down for a portion of the OS upgrade! :)

Thanks for your support!

Last edited:
LER has started the upgrade. It will be a few hours before he will be to the point where he needs to take the server down. :)

That must be why I couldn't get the SatelliteGuys app to connect. Something about a "parse error".

Attachments

• image-430636163.png
    image-430636163.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 188
Foxbat said:
That must be why I couldn't get the SatelliteGuys app to connect. Something about a "parse error".

Correct that was the reason why. He is all done for today. Server 2 has been upgraded. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)