Alex Rios to the White Sox : 2 Questions...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KCK_Halo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
1.) Who is the odd-man out? Dye? Scotty Po? It surely won't be Carlos!

2.) Will the new, young, rookie stud flavor-of-the-season Gordon Beckham give up his number 15 to the veteran slugger Rios????

Stay tuned....

1.) Who is the odd-man out? Dye? Scotty Po? It surely won't be Carlos!

2.) Will the new, young, rookie stud flavor-of-the-season Gordon Beckham give up his number 15 to the veteran slugger Rios????

Stay tuned....

You know at 1st, I thought the White Sox were just trying to stop someone else from claiming him, then throw him back in the water. But now, seeing that GM Williams has never been afraid to take on salary...this and the Peavy trade could be THE most under-the-radar moves in the last 20 years.

As far as your question is concerned, I think Posednick is the odd man out. The other thing they might do is leave Peavy ON the IR till the September call-ups....when it goes up to 40 man roster.

Beckham....sorry kid, we have Rios is a very good player AND we are paying him a ton.....gotta give up #15 if he wants it.;)

Peavey was traded to the White Sox? When? Where have I been?

Sad to see Rios go from the Jays but the Jays are saving money for "other things" as JP says ;)

He kinda soured with the fans there this season. He wasn't hitting that well and he got into some foul-mouthed argument with a fan that didn't sit too well with the Canadian brass.

I'd also say Podsednik is the odd man out, Dye-Rios-Quentin outfield combo sounds about right though Dye has a club option for next year. Either way, a definitive upgrade in center for the Sox.

I'd also say Podsednik is the odd man out, Dye-Rios-Quentin outfield combo sounds about right though Dye has a club option for next year. Either way, a definitive upgrade in center for the Sox.

But at least for this season, Po has to be considered Comeback Player of the Year".

Guess not! According to their website roster, Rios will wear No. 51. Hmmmm....

...That is why I said IF HE WANTS IT. The last thing I am sure he wants to do is go to a new team and rock the boat. Those days of Reggie Jackson and "I am the straw that stirs the drink" ....are long gone!

I think for the rest of the year its a rotation of 7 guys into 5 spots. Dye, Rios, Pods, Quentin, Kotsay, Konerko, Thome. Konerko & Dye are sitting tonight. Kotsay will sit the most of these. Pods probably won't be back next year but has given them a hell of a run this year.

Sox got Peavy right at the trading deadline, so 2 weeks ago. Ramy, If you missed this one you must of missed a fews of the last mimute trades 7/31. Peavy's 1st rehab start tomorrow, will either get 2 or 3, then in rotation end of August.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts