Alexa unable to Link Hopper3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
I have not been able to link either of my two Hopper3 receivers to Alexa. I have tested this using the Amazon Alexa app on my IPhone6, IPAD, and my Amazon Fire HD.

1) I select Dish from the Music, Video, and Books tab in Alexa.
2) I enable the skill and receive the pop up window asking for the activation code.
3) I select Amazon Alexa from the Hopper3 menu and select get code.
4) I input the code and receive the message on my TV that my Dish and Amazon accounts have been linked.
5) I hit next on my IPhone and get the message that Dish TV has been successfully linked.
6) I click manage and link devices and receive a message Sorry we could not find any devices to link.
7) When I click the Discover Devices link I get the message There was an error discovering your devices.

I know that both Hopper3 receivers are connected to the internet because Dish Anywhere is able to connect and play content.

I am using a fixed IP address for both Hopper3 receivers and UPnP is enabled in my Netgear router. Also my router logs do not show any firewall blocks.

I talked to Dish networking support and he said that he had encountered a similar issue last week. He will escalate the problem to their engineering group. He offered specialized technical assistance if I would pay an additional $2 per month. I declined the additional cost since I already pay for the protection plan.

I can live without Alexa especially since I bought 2 of the new 54 remotes. I actually like the new 54 remote particularly the backlight. The voice also works well.

I have not been able to link either of my two Hopper3 receivers to Alexa. I have tested this using the Amazon Alexa app on my IPhone6, IPAD, and my Amazon Fire HD.

1) I select Dish from the Music, Video, and Books tab in Alexa.
2) I enable the skill and receive the pop up window asking for the activation code.
3) I select Amazon Alexa from the Hopper3 menu and select get code.
4) I input the code and receive the message on my TV that my Dish and Amazon accounts have been linked.
5) I hit next on my IPhone and get the message that Dish TV has been successfully linked.
6) I click manage and link devices and receive a message Sorry we could not find any devices to link.
7) When I click the Discover Devices link I get the message There was an error discovering your devices.

I know that both Hopper3 receivers are connected to the internet because Dish Anywhere is able to connect and play content.

I am using a fixed IP address for both Hopper3 receivers and UPnP is enabled in my Netgear router. Also my router logs do not show any firewall blocks.

I talked to Dish networking support and he said that he had encountered a similar issue last week. He will escalate the problem to their engineering group. He offered specialized technical assistance if I would pay an additional $2 per month. I declined the additional cost since I already pay for the protection plan.

I can live without Alexa especially since I bought 2 of the new 54 remotes. I actually like the new 54 remote particularly the backlight. The voice also works well.

Try logging out of the Alexa app and starting over, I just read about this on the tech portal and that’s how the tech fixed it

Try logging out of the Alexa app and starting over, I just read about this on the tech portal and that’s how the tech fixed it

I have tried logging out and logging back into the Alexa app. That did not work. I even tried deleting the Alexa app and reinstalling the Alexa app. That also failed.

The Alexa App worked with my 2 original Hopper3 receivers. Both of my Hopper3 receivers were replaced by Dish due to MOCA problems. I tend to believe that Amazon or Dish probably has a database that contains the receiver info from my original 2 Hopper3 receivers. That is my guess of what is wrong. I did go into the Alexa App under Smart Home and deleted the Hopper3 receivers that were showing up but that still did not fix the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)