Aligning a 1000.4 with a BirdView USB Meter

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I`m trying to align my Dish 1000.4 using a BirdView USB meter V: 03 Software. Is the correct Satellite meter setting DishPro 119 or should I be using
BL DishNetwork 119 West or DishNet 119 TP 14,15,16, or 21??? Using the DishPro 119 meter setting I`m getting a "Found" then the meter is shutting down because of a "CURRENT" error message. I`m not sure if it is an overcurrent driven condtion or the meter is drawing too much current from the backlighting being set too high.

Dpp lnb's are power hogs, that's most likely why it's going over current. I don't know anything about that meter, sounds similar to a bird dog.

1000.4 more than likely isn't picking up 119. Should be 61.5, 72 and 77. You're meter may our may not even recognize them. 61.5 would be your best bet.

If it's a western lnb then try 119. If the "eyes" are all spaced similar together it's western. If one eye is spaced off farther than the other 2 it's eastern

It`s a Western Arc configuration. Yes it`s a Birdog meter. My mistake.......

Been awhile since I used my bird dog, but bl 119 should work. Go to their website birddog.tv or something like that, I can't remember and make sure to update it with the latest list.

Also just run the line from the receiver to the lnb so the receiver powers the lnb. Use a jumper to aim. That way your meter doesn't have to work so hard powering the lnb.

Some batches of the 1000.4 LNB's draw too much power for the Birdogs. You can try and power the LNB with the receiver and see if that helps but it didn't in our case. We recently had to break down and buy a Superbuddy for this reason.

Thanks to those who replied to my message. I`ll try using the receiver to power the lnb. I`m still not sure which satellite meter reading to use so unless someone has another suggestion, I`ll stick with the DishPro 119 setting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts