Updated to L643 and SD channels gone.

jbrelish

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I have (2)612 receivers on the EA on 1000.4 dish. Saw that software is updated to L643. I now see the SD channels I had before are no longer there,example TCM. I DVR alot of stuff using SD for reasons of hard drive space. My timers are set to SD. Is there anywhere I an get them relisted? I tried to see if they are listed at a higher number,they are not.

I do have SD channels for those who are not HD. Any help will be appreciated.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I think that this was an unwise move to make it remove SD channels from the guide by default. That was the first setting I had to reset since L685 on my 722Ks, and ever since then I've seen topic after topic about changing this back. I think that they were just changing things just for the sake of changing things. Personally I feel that it would be better to just have the option to hide SD channels but I think that it is unwarranted to just hide everyone's SD channels by default.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I think that this was an unwise move to make it remove SD channels from the guide by default. That was the first setting I had to reset since L685 on my 722Ks, and ever since then I've seen topic after topic about changing this back. I think that they were just changing things just for the sake of changing things. Personally I feel that it would be better to just have the option to hide SD channels but I think that it is unwarranted to just hide everyone's SD channels by default.

It's not a big deal to posters here, because we know about it, or someone posts and gets the answer. But to the average user, you are correct. Why delete them by default and make people call the CSR's, then get the wrong answers too, probably.......:rolleyes:

It only removes the SD versions of HD channels, though, right? It doesn't remove all SD channels from the guide, does it?

If so, it's a great little tool. If I knew about it, it could have saved me the time and trouble of channel-locking all of the SD versions.

It only removes the SD versions of HD channels, though, right? It doesn't remove all SD channels from the guide, does it?
correct.

If so, it's a great little tool. If I knew about it, it could have saved me the time and trouble of channel-locking all of the SD versions.
while it is a great tool the default should be "both" like it is on Directv with the option to have only HD version.

Thank you for the info,that fixed it. I really didn't want to DVR black & white TCM movies from the 30's and 40's in HD.
Suggestion: Get some external USB hard drives to alleviate the storage issue, and take another look at those old movies. An HD transfer of an original film source, if done properly, looks a whole lot better than an upconvert of something originally done on videotape. Maybe it's just me, but if something is available in HD, I sure don't want to watch it in SD just to save a bit of space. Hard drives are cheap.

I don't beleive that anything on TCM is true HD, rather upconverted. However, it looks considerably better than the SD channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)