aligning dish to get local channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tandoori

Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
just subscribed to dish networks local channels :) . However I have no 119 West transponder 09 signal - which they said was the local channels transponder. The dish people told to move the dish slightly to get a signal, but to no avail :( . I'm in the midwest trying to receive a distant affliate from the west.
Is it really a dish positioning problem or is it futile to try and receive local channels from outside my local area?
If it is a dish positioning problem what's the best way for an amateur to position it?

Dish uses spot beams Signials to send down a lot of there local channels. I live in Oklahoma and if i go to Colorado on vacation i will NOT get them out there. You didnt really say what locals you have and where you really are at right now. I always use transponder 11 on all Satellites to point dish. if you can get 11 on 119 and 110 then the others should be there. I hope this is the answer to you question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)