aligning your dish to the Telstar 6 satellite (93.0°W)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pete212

Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
hey, i currently have dishnetwork service equipment, but there is a certain program that iw ant to watch. On the site for this program it tells me to do this:
aligning your dish to the Telstar 6 satellite (93.0°W), and tuning your receiver to the following settings:
Frequency: 11869.500 MHz
Modulation: QPSK
Symbol Rate: 4.1646
FEC: 1/2​
but i have no idea how to do this, can someone help?
it would be greatly appreciated.
btw my zip code is 07306
thanx in advance​

What is it you are trying to watch? Dish Network doesn't have a satellite at that position.

Actually this is a question that should be in the FTA forum, since this not a dish transmission. Usually people with such receivers and a BUD(Big useful dish) can just turn the satellite to that position and if their equipment can pick it up, it will show either in a blind scan or they can enter the data. Please look in the FTA forum to learn more.
To answer your question briefly, you can't really get this program with your dish equipment.

About the channnel:
About Aghapy TV Aghapy TV was a dream for which we longed for many years. Now, by the grace of God, it has become a reality. It was an inspired wish for the Coptic Orthodox Church to have its own satellite channel, whereby we can say with St. John the Beloved:
"I looked, and behold, a door was opened in heaven" (Revelation 4:1)
This door was opened with the blessings of His Holiness Pope Shenouda III, Pope of Alexandria and Patriarch of the see of St. Mark, who lit the fire to initiate the work needed to begin broadcasting.
The beam of light shall shine on the world, to fill the houses of God's children with His words. We congratulate the Coptic Orthodox population around the world for the blessed plant, which will grow to enlighten the history of the glory of our Coptic Church, and present our Lord Jesus Christ to humankind.

PS You don't need a BUD for this channel, a 30-inch dish and a FTA receiver should suffice.

hey, i currently have dishnetwork service equipment, but there is a certain program that iw ant to watch. On the site for this program it tells me to do this:
aligning your dish to the Telstar 6 satellite (93.0°W)

Telstar 6 uses linear polarization. Dish uses circular polarization. You need a totally different set-up.

Sorry, dude. I don't deal with BUD's or FTA and saw the OP had 1 post to his name. And trying to get Telstar 6 on a Dish receiver? It didn't make sense to me. Sorry that my simple question raised your hackles.

And it was in the Dish forum to boot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)