Alignment Issues...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ok, I lied I am missing (771) on ESPN 207 Nation Geographic HD Travel Channel HD and a couple of other channels as well. All of my sattelites have signal stengths of at least 50%. 50% being my lowest on 103s but I can't get it much higher than that. Any pointers?

The "s" satellites carry spot beams, most of which won't show high signal strength in your area. Again, posting your signal strengths on all of the satellites could be very helpful.

sysc said:
ok, I lied I am missing (771) on ESPN 207 Nation Geographic HD Travel Channel HD and a couple of other channels as well. All of my sattelites have signal stengths of at least 50%. 50% being my lowest on 103s but I can't get it much higher than that. Any pointers?

As Chip mentioned above, you have probably a lot of low numbers on the s. Sats, however, there should be at least 1 or 2 that are high, say 90+, that wll be the one your locals come from.

Also, if you post the rest of your numbers we can tell if your only off a little and most is good (slight adjustment) or if everything is low and make major adjustments

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

At work right now, but I should have time to get the numbers tomorrow. Thanks guys.

pic4.jpgpic5.jpgpic6.jpgpic7.jpgpic8.jpgpic9.jpg

Here they are

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 106
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 114
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

From what I can tell, they all could come up some.
You have enough to have TV of course, but they could be in the 90's as the avg.

When I am close, like you are, I will occasionally, have someone watch the meter and apply slight pressure on the 4 sides of the reflector and see what happens to the signal, you should see it improve in one direction over the other. (make sure your settings are tightened before doing this)

A couple of things we haven't talked about yet. You said the dish is by a window. Are you trying to use it through the window? That will attenuate the signal and if it's leaded glass, make it difficult to get a strong signal. Also, is the lnb a swm type? That is, does it have connections for one or four cables on it? If only one, you need to get a power inserter or you may burn out the power supply in the receiver/dvr.Finally, the zeros on your screens may mean you have a cable or bad lnb issue. Check the connections and make sure there are no stray strands of wire shorting out the connection.

A couple of things we haven't talked about yet. You said the dish is by a window. Are you trying to use it through the window? That will attenuate the signal and if it's leaded glass, make it difficult to get a strong signal. Also, is the lnb a swm type? That is, does it have connections for one or four cables on it? If only one, you need to get a power inserter or you may burn out the power supply in the receiver/dvr.Finally, the zeros on your screens may mean you have a cable or bad lnb issue. Check the connections and make sure there are no stray strands of wire shorting out the connection.

I'm not sure on the bad LNB idea, you would think he would have zero on ALL the odd or even ones if that was the case.

I'm not sure on the bad LNB idea, you would think he would have zero on ALL the odd or even ones if that was the case.

I'm not at all sure either, Jimbo. Obviously something is amiss. If it was just alignment, I would expect to see some ss readings on all transponders.

So besides the LMB being bad, you guys dont see any reason that I would get 771 on specific channels?

Tried a new LMB, tried to reauthorize same channels saying 771 on tuner 2 although tuner 2 is fine signal/numbers wise. Replacing the LMB increased signal strength by 15% across the board.

Are you saying you replaced the LNB... and still have the same issues?

Yep, replaced it and my signals increased quite a bit but the same channels are 771. I'm thinking maybe receiver or switch now?

Switch was bad... wierd that only some channels would not work.

Switch was bad... wierd that only some channels would not work.

Not really ...

The switch distinguishes between 13v and 18v .... if one side of the switch goes bad, you'll lose the 13 or 18v channels.

Glad to see you've got it all going again !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)