Alignment question and Multi switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GorDog

Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
I moved about 50 miles south from Menifee to San Diego and I'm trying to get my 3 lnb Slimline dish to align and I'm having a devil of a time.

Couple of questions:

Is their any particular order you need to put the 13v 18v connections from the LNB's Or is they all connecet inside the dish somehow?

I assumed that you HAD to use the 4 x 8 and take the 4 lines coming off the LNB's into the Multi Plexer and than use any of the 8 outputs?

OR... Can you just hook direct to anyone of the 4 lines coming out of the LNB's???

Alingment:
The Tilt is a big concern to me and not sure why this is. But the receiver and the internet etc all say to set the Tilt at 101. But the dish was set at 111 Tilt. A neighbor two doors down has theirs at 110'ish as well??

Right know the only thing I am getting is Transponders 22,24,25,26,27 28, 30 and 32 on Sat 101???

Am I close? Or am I picking up a differnt Satelite? I had that happen earlier when I picked up 110 (8,10,12) and only 32 on 101, no 119. So I'm thinking we are still not pointed correctly.

One other issue. It seems the arm holding the LNB's is loose or moves easy? How much does that effect signal and alignment?

My zip is 92131.

TIA
GorDog

If you don't need more than 4 outputs, then you don't need another multiswitch. Just connect the receivers to the dish outputs. If you do need a multiswitch is has to be one for use with the 3LNB dish. That would be the SW68. All four outputs from the dish are connected to the SW68's Sat A and Sat B inputs, order doesn't matter. If you're using a different multiswitch, this can cause the loss of one set of TPs, in your case the odd ones.

For alignment, make sure the mast is plumb. Then set the tilt and elevation according to your zipcode as shown on the receiver. Then set the azimuth and move it left and right around the value to zero in on the best signal.

I moved about 50 miles south from Menifee to San Diego and I'm trying to get my 3 lnb Slimline dish to align and I'm having a devil of a time.

Couple of questions:

Is their any particular order you need to put the 13v 18v connections from the LNB's Or is they all connecet inside the dish somehow?

I assumed that you HAD to use the 4 x 8 and take the 4 lines coming off the LNB's into the Multi Plexer and than use any of the 8 outputs?

OR... Can you just hook direct to anyone of the 4 lines coming out of the LNB's???

Alingment:
The Tilt is a big concern to me and not sure why this is. But the receiver and the internet etc all say to set the Tilt at 101. But the dish was set at 111 Tilt. A neighbor two doors down has theirs at 110'ish as well??

Right know the only thing I am getting is Transponders 22,24,25,26,27 28, 30 and 32 on Sat 101???

Am I close? Or am I picking up a differnt Satelite? I had that happen earlier when I picked up 110 (8,10,12) and only 32 on 101, no 119. So I'm thinking we are still not pointed correctly.

One other issue. It seems the arm holding the LNB's is loose or moves easy? How much does that effect signal and alignment?

My zip is 92131.

TIA
GorDog

Take the 4 line coming out of the lnb and run them to the 13v and 18v connections, doesn't matter which location, run your rec 's out of the other side, I don't have a 4x8 switch in front of me to remember just what it says.

Chances are your alignment should be very close to what it was before, I would keep the tilt where it was and the up and down as well and mount it and just move it from side to side.
One VERY IMPORTANT thing, you have to have the mast PLUMB, or you will point at the wrong sats, you may get one , but the others will be off.

How many rec's are you hooking up ?
If less than 4 you don't need the multiswitch

Jimbo

Thanks.. one more

It hit my lick a brick! I forgot the line KuB filters/converters that you put inline at the Receiver.

I'm using the TiVo with HD. And the sad thing is I know I saved them when I moved... and can not find them!! :mad:

Can I get these online someplace or do I have to call DirecTV????

I will double, triple check the post. It is darn close to vertical. I do not have a good flat level bubble. Mine is to big it is for an RV. But it is close enough for government work I figure.

It seems from reading many many posts tonight that the best thing to do is to look for 101 Transponder 1 or 12 and than micro adjust from their.

Tomorrow during the daylight I will try that.

Please clarify what you have for equipment. Do you have a 3 LNB Slimline or a 3 LNB Phase 3? Do you have a 4x8 switch or a WB68 switch? Do you have a TiVo HR10-250 or a HRxx Directv receiver?

I have the 3 LNB Slimline I'm pretty sure. It's 2 years old. the TiVo is HR10-250.

As far as the post being plumb. It is as plumb as you can get using a level on the sides. IF it is off... it is not by mutch. I will look for a flat bubble level today at home depot to get it dead nuts plumb.

I had no idea these were so sensitive. I used to be able to align the old oval dish in the parking lot of the Chargers Games in a few minutes. But these new slimline dishes are proving to be more fickle. We use a small round dish that sits in a milk crate on top of my truck and that works fine for Sunday Tailgating... but we are not getting HD and it is a single lnb.

The missing things I am referring too. Look just like the DSL line filters you put in your phones when you have DSL. They are about 6" long.

Thanks!!

The missing things I am referring too. Look just like the DSL line filters you put in your phones when you have DSL. They are about 6" long.

You just need the b-band converters and you can order new ones for free from D*s website :)

You probably have a Phase 3 dish if it was installed 2 years ago with a HR10-250. The HR10-250 dosen't use the BBC it can't receive the Ka band MPEG4 signals. Look on the face of your dish and see if Slimline is spelled out on it The 3 LNB Slimline dish has only been out a bout 6 mo. We need to identify the equipment you have to give you accurate help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)