All 110 Spot Beams Out?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bigrich

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
We are having clear skys in Indy but it seems all spots were out on 110 for about 1/2 hour. Anyone else have any problems. All spot beams showed no quality. Service is back now. All neighbors having had the same problem.

Yup, looks that here too. At first I thought it was some weather rolling in that were expecting. but it's north of us.

I noticed a problem with 110 starting last night, but not on any locals. My signal strength on TP 3 is topping out at 9. The strongest signal I have is TP 2 at 48.

Based on the earlier posts, I'm hoping it's them, but I fear it me. I went out and check to see if the dish was loose, but it's rock solid in place.

I saw something on 110 go out briefly yesterday, but that's normal at our house. We can barely get 110 due to trees. But yeah, normally it takes a lot of wind/rain/snow, and it was nice yesterday.

We had those issues Wednesday night (local outages), and then Thursday morning, we had the you have no subscription message on all SD channels. As many problems as I have been having lately and with no Speed HD yet, I am about to make the jump, or just get rid of all satellite for good, since all we watch are locals most of the time anyway... :( Gotta start cutting corners to afford food the way its going.

Weather has a lot of influence. The conus beams on 110 are uplinked from Cheyenne so severe storms in Cheyenne could affect national channel uplinks. Spotbeams are uplinked regionally, so weather in the region where the uplink facility could cause locals to be out on 110 but nationals are up and running. It's just a fact of where the uplink center is located.

Whew - I was worried it was only me! I had some tree trimmers out this morning to try to improve my 129 - mainly a problem now during rain. I went in to check the signals for a baseline, and 0 on 110 for all transponders. Check switch returned no connection.

Monee is for the Midwest, so that should not affect most in the Northeast, Southwest, Deep South, Northwest, or maybe the Great Plains.

I believe this is how the uplink stations go:

Mount Jackson
Monee
Cheyenne (master)
Gilbert AZ (this is where Phoenix locals come from, among others - located on Dish Drive)
(several others, unsure)

I confirmed that my problem was unrelated to the outages found here. I just pushed the post my 500 is installed on forward a smidge-a highly technical term-and the TPs on 110 all came back.

TP 3 is still way weaker than all the others, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)