DTV Converter Box Hookup

T

tmac37

Jan 25, 2007
Niles, MI
I need to hook up my mom's converter box to here non-digital tv. She has satellite with no locals and does not want to pay extra for the locals. There is one input for the antenna and one output for the tv on the converter box. How do I hook up both the dtv converter box and the satellite to the tv?

KAB

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
I need to hook up my mom's converter box to here non-digital tv. She has satellite with no locals and does not want to pay extra for the locals. There is one input for the antenna and one output for the tv on the converter box. How do I hook up both the dtv converter box and the satellite to the tv?
Hopefully her set has at least one Video input, where you would put the Sat box. And Welcome!!

Peter Parker

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
How has she been watching locals and satellite up till now?

J

Jared Twomey

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Mar 7, 2005
Tacoma, WA
take the line from the antenna into the converter, then the line out of the converter (tv out) into the antenna in port on the satellite receiver, then from the tv out on the satellite receiver to the tv.

That way all she has to do is turn the satellite receiver off and she can watch the converter box.

That is probably how she had the antenna hooked up before, but without the converter in the line.

T

tmac37

Jan 25, 2007
Niles, MI
This make sense. She is currently running the antenna through the satellite box. Thanks for the input