DTV Converter Box Hookup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tmac37

Original poster
Jan 25, 2007
Niles, MI
I need to hook up my mom's converter box to here non-digital tv. She has satellite with no locals and does not want to pay extra for the locals. There is one input for the antenna and one output for the tv on the converter box. How do I hook up both the dtv converter box and the satellite to the tv?

I need to hook up my mom's converter box to here non-digital tv. She has satellite with no locals and does not want to pay extra for the locals. There is one input for the antenna and one output for the tv on the converter box. How do I hook up both the dtv converter box and the satellite to the tv?
Hopefully her set has at least one Video input, where you would put the Sat box. And Welcome!!

take the line from the antenna into the converter, then the line out of the converter (tv out) into the antenna in port on the satellite receiver, then from the tv out on the satellite receiver to the tv.

That way all she has to do is turn the satellite receiver off and she can watch the converter box.

That is probably how she had the antenna hooked up before, but without the converter in the line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)