All American Direct (AAD) Frustration

Pinchhitter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Ok...

- Thurs. I called AAD to give new smart card # to have service started on a replacement 211. I also asked if she needed my old receiver # to remove it from my account. CSR, who was very rude by the way, aburptly said why would she want that number. Anyways....

- No channels after the call, no channels Fri morning, No channels Fri evening after work. I call back and get a nice and seemingly competent CSR. He indicated that the previous CSR added the smart card number for the new receiver but failed to actually activate it. He then took the old receiver number from me and removed it from my account. Pleasant guy, great thanks.

- After the call I get 2 of the 3 channels that I had subscribed to (ABC and FOX). CBS was nowhere to be found. Called back and this CSR sounded like the rude woman from Thurs. Said that their was no record of me receiving CBS. I told it was the first station I was granted, second I have 3 receivers in the house and 2 of them have CBS right now and I am paying for it! She barely said anything and acted as if I had no idea what I was talking about. I asked for a supervisor, she said to call back tomorrow because none were available. She would not help at all.

If this is how it is when you have to replace a receiver, i might as well cancel this service.

Anyone else have issues with AAD like this? :mad: :confused:

Last edited:
I don't recall. I went to their website; called the number; voice prompts took me to a human. Each time I have talked to a woman. I always start such calls with small talk before getting to the point. I find being friendly and "understanding" go a long way toward receiving good service.

They indicate that I never received CBS, although I am receiving it on 2 of 3 receivers. Anyways I did speak to a much more cordial and professional CSR, but still they do not know what to do.

I have ABC, NBC, and CBS now from both coasts. There was some partial month billing, but I think the new price is $2.59 per network (includes both coast feeds for that price). I am finally back to where I was before Dish had to shut down its distant networks (except no longer have the CBS-HD feed). It took awhile to get new waivers from local stations. But all are in place now. (Can't waiver Fox since they have a local SD repeater site in my small mountain town.)

I continue to hear that fiber feeds will be coming soon, and HD may be here by the end of the year or early next year. They are my best hope for networks in HD.

Similar experience with AAD

I am having a similar experience with AAD. I have an RV waiver and Dish receiver in my motorhome. It has been off for two months and now I get no DNS. I have dropped Dishnetwork, as all I really want in the motorhome are the networks. I have spoken to two CSRs, both women. The first said I would have to have a Dish account for it to work. The second seemed helpful, but when she wanted me to do the same thing as the first, power off my receiver and wait 24hrs, I said that I had been told that four days before and nothing had happened since. She put me on hold and when she came back 5 minutes later she said that I would have to get a Dish account. I asked her for a supervisor and she said none was available. I asked for when one would be available and who I should ask for and she said she didn't know, that I should just call back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)