All American Direct (AAD) in HD $25 EACH? OUCH!

It should be illegal to charge customers $34.99 monthly for channels that are "Free" for anyone with a good antenna and a TV with a digital tuner that lives within range of the broadcast tower. I would not pay $34.99 for an HD package of the four premiums(HBO, SHO, Starz & Max)and I CERTAINLY would not pay that much for such limited programming. The original $12.99 for the EIGHT SD feeds is a somewhat more reasonable.

I paid it for one month. I wanted to see the quality of L.A. nets. It is very good. In fact I don't see the audio reverbs and pixelation I see on some hd channels in the DISH Houston hd local pack. But like I said , I will only pay it for one month and then drop it. The csr told me three times , it will only be $24.99. I asked at the beginning , the middle and the end of the conversation and the order. It was easy and my hd distants came on within minutes of hanging up. It seems silly to me that they are bothering to do both sd feeds from New York and San Francisco and HD feeds from Chicago and L.A. markets. Why not down convert the feeds of the hd channels for Chicago and L.A for the sd customers and drop the New York /San Francisco feeds entirely? Seems wasteful to duplicate the fiber links and sat uplinks . I asked why the hd feeds were so high and the male csr told me because they are HD! Like this is a new thing for anyone that has had digital tv for the last 6 - 7 years. I don't think at this price , that AAD is going to add to many subs. Especially since anyone with DISH and a member of this web board , knows that they can "move" & for $5.00 locals pack and get the hd feeds of the 4 big nets and even the Cw in certain areas. In recessionary times like these, you would think that this company would know to offer their channels at a discounted price . I would think it would be only $12.99 for both east and west coast HD feeds . There shouldn't be a premium price to add hd now days. I am sure that there will be a price reduction in the future or there will be an announcement that AAD is going out of the distant network business. Sad this could of been a good thing for both DISH and AAD. Company GREED destroys another good idea.

It should be illegal to charge customers $34.99 monthly for channels that are "Free" for anyone with a good antenna and a TV with a digital tuner that lives within range of the broadcast tower. I would not pay $34.99 for an HD package of the four premiums(HBO, SHO, Starz & Max)and I CERTAINLY would not pay that much for such limited programming. The original $12.99 for the EIGHT SD feeds is a somewhat more reasonable.
What law would they be breaking? No one is forcing you to pay for these HD channels. You can't afford them , Don't buy them. Its Really simple.:rolleyes:

What law would they be breaking? No one is forcing you to pay for these HD channels. You can't afford them , Don't buy them. Its Really simple.:rolleyes:

Obviously, you did not read to carefully.......I said it "Should" be illegal. Yes, nobody will hold a gun to your head and make you purchase these channels, but if you live in an area where HD feeds of the "Big four" are not available it is a little harder to say NO THANKS!

I also say "No Thanks" to $5.00 cans of soda at the airport, but it irritates me when companies/individuals puposely price gauge the public simply because they can. You may feel compelled to defend this companies right to make a profit, but the price structure in MY mind is indefensible.

So obviously if you already receive your locals then you won't be able to qualify for distant.

The address I qualified with is part of the Cincinnati DMA.

Remember that AAD and Dish are separate companies that do not share their customer databases.

One does not have anything to do with the other.

See ya
Tony

Do the affiliates of the Chicago and LA station give permission to AAD to uplink their signals and then charge such high prices? I wonder if these stations receive any compensation from these outrageously high prices they are charging. $7.49 a month should get you both the east and west coast channel--they shouldn't be $7.49 each. They act as if HD just came out and it is something exclusive they have.

In comparison, Directv's price is $3.50 for each network for east and west in SD and then you also get east or west in HD depending on where you live at no extra cost (if you qualify). If you qualify for all 4 you pay no more than $14.

Obviously, you did not read to carefully.......I said it "Should" be illegal. Yes, nobody will hold a gun to your head and make you purchase these channels, but if you live in an area where HD feeds of the "Big four" are not available it is a little harder to say NO THANKS!.
It should be illegal for people on Welfare to buy BMW's too. That pisses me off! All American charging a price many don't agree with, really doesn't make for a good case. Not to pass a law over anyway. That argument can go on all day about just about anything you choose to buy. In that case where the law that protects Gas from going up to $4 per gallon?
People made it the last 60 years without HD locals. I think most will do just fine with 8 SD locals at $13 per month.

The transponder lease is probably about $250,000 per month excluding uplink fees. So, they may be pushing for front end money to cover the lease

Wow, this is crazy. $35 per month for one set of HD network channels? Unbelievable.

Oh well, it was a nice idea, but ain't going to happen. :(

The address I qualified with is part of the Cincinnati DMA.

Remember that AAD and Dish are separate companies that do not share their customer databases.

One does not have anything to do with the other.

See ya
Tony

So, they didn't care that 1) you are in a DMA and can receive channels; and 2) could have Dish LiLs already.

Did they ask if you could receive OTA digital channels?

Curious to know, but given those prices, its mostly an academic question.

They ask your name, address, phone number (They don't care what the number is) and e-mail address. If you qualify then they ask for your credit card and nothing else!

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)