All American Direct HD Prices

Do you feel All American Direct is Charging way to much for their HD DNS?

• Yes, Flat out rip off.

Votes: 169 61.7%
  • Yes ,but only a little high priced.

Votes: 12 4.4%
  • Yes , So because of this I flat out refuse to buy them

Votes: 56 20.4%
  • Yes , But I don't have a choice, DNS is the only HD option

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • No, I think the price is fine.

Votes: 4 1.5%
  • No, because I don't want HD DNS anyway

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • No, because if you can't afford it don't buy it

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • No, because I don't really care

Votes: 11 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
guys, let me ask a question. i am a new york mets fan and if i am reading this thread correctly i can now get the new york local HD package and watch the mets now?

I'm half way between cleveland and columbus, my DMA is cleveland, I want the columbus locals in HD, and I checked out AAD and it says NY and LA stations are available to me, WTF why not columbus ? ? ? hell even detroit or chicago. I don't understand it

Because the NY and LA stations are on a Conus beam. Chicago is available to you, maybe, as well as San Francisco. All the rest of the local channels are on spot beams.

Received an e-mail from AAD. Offering each network in each city for $4.99 per month on a quarterly 1 month free promotion. I called and the CSR I reached was really bad. 1st even though I have the 2 city SD package and they have all my waivers for them, I do not qualify for HD. I would have to have them request waivers again. When I tried to get him to price the cost after the 1st quarter promotion, he had no clue. After pushing him I got $12.99 per month for my SD and $24.99 per month for each HD city. When I pointed out that $24.99 x 2 months was $49.98 /3 ( for 1 month free promotion)= $16.66 / 4 networks = $4.17 per month per network, he was totally lost. I think AAD is totally lost also. What a bunch of clowns!!! I just told him to forget the HD and leave my account as is.

Received an e-mail from AAD. Offering each network in each city for $4.99 per month on a quarterly 1 month free promotion. I called and the CSR I reached was really bad. 1st even though I have the 2 city SD package and they have all my waivers for them, I do not qualify for HD. I would have to have them request waivers again. When I tried to get him to price the cost after the 1st quarter promotion, he had no clue. After pushing him I got $12.99 per month for my SD and $24.99 per month for each HD city. When I pointed out that $24.99 x 2 months was $49.98 /3 ( for 1 month free promotion)= $16.66 / 4 networks = $4.17 per month per network, he was totally lost. I think AAD is totally lost also. What a bunch of clowns!!! I just told him to forget the HD and leave my account as is.

I have to agree. They can't figure out what they want to charge and I am sure at this high price , they won't be in the hd business for long anyway. Most of us on these web boards know how to "move" to get what city we want for hd locals. At a cost of $5.00 for DISH locals vs $24.99 for one hd city from AAD, you would be a fool to stay with them for hd nets.

Plug for LA DNS Locals

I have to agree. They can't figure out what they want to charge and I am sure at this high price , they won't be in the hd business for long anyway. Most of us on these web boards know how to "move" to get what city we want for hd locals. At a cost of $5.00 for DISH locals vs $24.99 for one hd city from AAD, you would be a fool to stay with them for hd nets.

I actually like the fact that I can get the LA Locals. These are not locals, they are DNS channels for a -Very Limited- market. The price cannot be compared to locals that millions have access to for $5. I subscribe quarterly for $40 for West HD only. You're right, they're high. Again it's not DISH. I have Chicago HD and 8 SD's for $50 quarter at my Dad's. I do not work in satellite BTW. I am not sure if I can "move" anymore to get HD locals from my NW Wash. location. Last I heard the Portland locals would not come in North of Seattle and I doubt the Spokane, WA or Eugene, OR locals would either. During the end of the Fisher dispute, it affected all of our "move" locations due to the tighter new 129 spots. The LA locals are of higher quality, especially the CBS and NBC locals. KIRO Seattle HD and SD were also out this morning, with a 'temporary problem' slate up on KIRO-HD. Any Seattle people?

BTW almost switched to D*, at least for 4 mos. of Baseball. I don't like their $480 ETF and their high HD equipment costs, indeed for lower quality. Also, no more new HD channels for them till a new bird goes up. Sounds familiar? No thx... :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)