RTN Coming to New York City DMA!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Yes616

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
Poinciana Place, FL
If you have not heard (or seen) yet, RTV (or RTN?) called the Retro Television Network is coming to WSAH on channel 42 if you get locals from the NYC DMA from Dish Network's LiL satellite feed effective July 1st.

Usually RTN is on some digital sub channel but here it is going to be on the WSAH main channel and only channel that I know of that they broadcast.

Currently WSAH broadcasts the Gem's Television Network. I wanted to see what we will get from RTN when it starts but I am still seeing Gem's into July on my Dish receiver 9 day programming guide.

If I go to the RTN site, I can find a national feed link for WSAH that looks better than great. Fantastic is the word!

RTN is usually different on different stations all across the country. Is NYC getting all of the shows shown on the RTN web site? If true, WOW! That is excellent!! Most RTN stations only take some of the shows.

But why is my programming guide not showing RTN yet when it should?

One: It would be great if Dish would carry RTN (aka whatever new name) as a national feed. Two: It would be great if Dish also carried the digital sub channels. I would almost rather see digital subs than more national HD. Some of the subs seem to be pretty interesting but where I live, can't get anything OTA. (but do qualify for locals off of the satellite)... Perhaps this is a step towards at least one of the two... because then would RTN be added as a distant network in that package "Dish" offers?

Well it's now only 4 more days until WSAH starts RTV programming but the program guide does not show this yet.

At this moment I can see a little bit into July 6th and all I am seeing is paid programming stuff like they are currently broadcasting.

If I go to the Retro TV website, I can find WSAH will provide the full 24/7 national feed but I wanted to start programming a few shows into my DVR.

Well I just looked for program info on this and it still shows the same old paid programming stuff. I looked at the channel during a station break and saw an ad to buy air time and a phone number to call. So I did.

I spoke to a gentleman who said they have not gotten around to updating programming information and will do it very shortly. He did assure me that they will flip the switch at mid-night tonight. He also said they will have the full RTV feed at first but plan to do a few things locally in the future.

Less than 9 hours to go and still no proper program info? Strange.

No worries - our local RT(N)V when it went on the air about a month ago had guide data for days, but still had no programming - needless to say, its a great station, would be a nice national addition, but, that mostlikely wont happen anytime soon.

It's on now!

I just caught the end of I Spy and Nightrider just started.

Still no good programming info. Not even online as the schedule there says I should have seen the end of The Incredible Hulk.

At least it's on. Thats a start.

Yeah.. The guy I spoke to at WSAH admitted he needed to get updated info for the programming guide out. I did mention that Dish uses Tribune Media.

It seems he wasn't truthful with me about what kind of programming to expect. I specifically asked if the pdf shown on the RTV website is what we will get and he said yes for the start and that some local shows would be added in later.

Now it seems that we are only getting RTV for a few hours in the evening. Other times the channel is exactly what it was before. Junk! This is very disappointing.

Here's the schedule
RTV will be on WSAH from 6pm-12am

M-F
18:00 - 19:00 I-Spy
19:00 - 20:00 Knight Rider
20:00 - 21:00 The A-Team
21:00 - 22:00 Rockford Files
22:00 - 23:00 Quincy
23:00 - 00:00 Magnum PI

SAT
18:00 - 18:30 McHale's Navy
18:30 - 19:00 Dragnet
19:00 - 20:00 Airwolf
20:00 - 21:00 Buck Rogers
21:00 - 22:00 Battlestar Galactica (1978)
22:00 - 00:00 Midnight Monster Hop

SUN
18:00 - 19:00 Voyagers
19:00 - 20:00 Airwolf
20:00 - 20:30 Amen
20:30 - 21:00 Mickey Spillane
21:00 - 22:00 Hardy Boys / Nancy Drew
22:00 - 23:00 Alfred Hitchcock Hour
23:00 - 00:00 Alfred Hitchcock Hour

Got the schedule off of another messageboard, which is interesting because its only supposed to be about New York Radio. Don't know where the poster got it, didn't say.

We are missing some of the best stuff they offer if you ask me. I would love to see Emergency, Adam 12, Run For Your Life, It Takes A Thief and Jack Benny again.

I know they used to have Hawaii Five-0 not too long ago as well. What happened to that?

Maybe if others call them like I did something might change. Just watch for their station breaks when RTV is not on. Look for that 212 area number and call to give your input. I know it seems to just be a number to call to advertise on the channel but it seems to be the only contact info there is.

The least they could do is fix the program guide already. :rant:

This station is run poorly

They are now running a tornado warning scroll for a tornado warning on May 25th. Its not a error in date because NWS has no tornado or severe weather warnings issued.

UPDATE: It appears to be a test as they are running multiple warnings with multiple dates including July 25, 2009

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts