All customers that have switched to TurboHD!!!!

pfan1981

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Green Bay, WI
Ok, so I've been playing CSR roulette the last several days with no success. Some members here have claimed the switch of existing customers to the TurboHD bronze, silver, or gold packages.

How have you done it? Who did you call? What number did you call? What did you say? Etc, Etc, Etc?????

I wish I could figure out how you all have done this. I am sick of talking and chatting with people from India that provide copy/pasted answers.

Thanks in advance,

pfan

Turbo HD

I too had to suffer from August to November with the indian csr's who pretended their names were Suzan and Laurie and peter etc... Why would I believe a csr if the first thing they do is lie about their names.
I finally emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com. Threathen then about going do D* or cable etc and give them your phone number where you can be reached.
Within an hour, Dish called (and it was a real American) and Turbo HD it is.
At this point, they don't want to lose anymore customers, so you get your way with them. Good luck

No threatening needed here... Just sent a nice e-mail off to CEO stating that I reviewed my options, this made the most sense, can you please change me. Had a response that day and am a happy TurboHD Gold customer.

I have sent emails to both ceos at dish and e*, but to no avail. Last night I sent a repeated email, but today I will send one where I threaten to switch to cable to generate a call to me. My comment boxes on their system must be jammed pack. Last night I chatted online with "Sharon K", got disconnected logged back in and talked to "Sharon K", finally got her supervisor who said he could not do anything about my situation because it's not feb 1st. What is the price going to be at that time vs. this time.

why don't these ceos get back to me?!?!

pfan

HD Absolute includes all HD channels, except RSNs and Premiums like HBO. HD Gold, Platinum and etc are smaller HD packages. To get all the HD Absolute channels, you would have to subscribe to HD Platiunum Plus, but you would get the RSNs also.

HD Absolute has all non premium HD channels plus a few of their corresponding SD channels, etc.

The HD Gold, Platinum and other plans are different Packages of HD programs that are on top of the AT packages.

The Turbo Packages are similar to HD absolute except that they are tiered just as the AT, and metallic packges are and only the top tier has the same HD programming as HD Absolute.

Subs to HD Absolute are getting a super deal with all the HD channels available for a bargan price, thus Dish's reason for dumping HD Absolute and trying all legal means to get subs off it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information...now it all makes sense....

the rep i spoke too at Echostar Colorado yesterday to straighten out my account didn't know the difference with any degree of certainty, so... he advised me to "do your homework" online before i called again! like their Web site is some freakin' prize or something

I too had to suffer from August to November with the indian csr's who pretended their names were Suzan and Laurie and peter etc... Why would I believe a csr if the first thing they do is lie about their names.
I finally emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com. Threathen then about going do D* or cable etc and give them your phone number where you can be reached.
Within an hour, Dish called (and it was a real American) and Turbo HD it is.
At this point, they don't want to lose anymore customers, so you get your way with them. Good luck

I just e-mailed ceo@dishnetwork.com and told them I had all the equipment for Turbo HD and that they should switch me. We'll see what happens....

Speculation here on why some subs are getting Turbo and some not:

When you send an email to CEO, one of the first things they are gonna do is look at your record and make a determination on how highly valued you are to them. Folks with an exemplary history with them, I believe, will be treated better than those who don't.

Speculation here on why some subs are getting Turbo and some not:

When you send an email to CEO, one of the first things they are gonna do is look at your record and make a determination on how highly valued you are to them. Folks with an exemplary history with them, I believe, will be treated better than those who don't.

this could be true, does this mean they like me? I think they do......they really really like me!!!!!

I would assume if one is allowed to switch why not all???

pfan

What is the difference between HD Absolute and HD Gold or Platinum? I am confused......

The difference is $20. To get all the same channels as HD Absolute you need Turbo Gold with Platinum. You do, however, get the RSN's with Turbo. I don't care about the RSN's so I never want to switch from HD Absolute to Turbo.

So, if we have Dish HD Absolute, will that mean our price stays the same, or will they force us to HD Turbo in February?!

As discussed in another thread about Dish announcing price increases, there was no mention of HD Absolute that leads me to believe that..

HD Absolute will have no price increase but you will not get any new channels that will be forthcoming either. If you want to see anything new you must go to one of the metalic packs and pay much more. If you don't switch, you will be "grandfathered".

BTW.. Turbo Schmurbo.. I would bet everyone who subs to any metalic pack is already "Turbo charged". I know I am on both my 722 and 211 and I never made any call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts