All customers that have switched to TurboHD!!!!

They may increase our HD Absolute package price in Feb, but they will not try to force us to change. Because most people (me included) would switch to D* if Dish tries strong arm tactics.

There was no mention of HD Absolute in the announcement because that was a retailers chat and HD Absolute is not available thru retailers anymore. So, we may see a price increase.

Eventually, most people will change as Dish adds HD channels that they want. (Just, not me)

FYI ... I have been a Dish customer for over a year now. All I have is a 722. I emailed "ceo" a few days back stating I wanted to be on the "DDA TurboHD Gold" package. After a few emails verifying the package I was informed that I was switched via email. Sure enough I was. The responses were really fast too, like within 30 minutes tops between replies.

They did not bring up that I had to wait till Februrary 09 or anything of the like ...

This was my first "ceo" experience and I have to give them high marks for customer service.

Speculation here on why some subs are getting Turbo and some not:

When you send an email to CEO, one of the first things they are gonna do is look at your record and make a determination on how highly valued you are to them. Folks with an exemplary history with them, I believe, will be treated better than those who don't.

Exactly right. They're going to look at your average monthly spend (sub level + PPV history + how long you've been a customer, any support history, etc) Flighty customers or chronic complainers are seen as a liability & usually don't warrant getting deals. It works exactly the same way in Las Vegas... Some of you will get your rooms "comp'd" and some won't.

Exactly right. They're going to look at your average monthly spend (sub level + PPV history + how long you've been a customer, any support history, etc) Flighty customers or chronic complainers are seen as a liability & usually don't warrant getting deals. It works exactly the same way in Las Vegas... Some of you will get your rooms "comp'd" and some won't.

I don't see PPV history having anything to do with this.

I have been with Dish almost 9 years and most of the time was at the AT-middle level though I am at 250 right now. Never any premiums unless they were free or cost only a penny per year. HD to whatever level as long as Voom was there but downgraded to lowest HD level once that was gone unless it was free for 3 months. Always paid my bill on time.

I think the last sentence of the last paragraph is all they look at as I always am considered a "top customer" and get some great deals except for..

Seeing Voom now! :mad:

I think a lot of it has to do with your equipment too. All I have is a 722. Those with older equipment might be asked to upgrade first by the CEO folks prior to going to TurboHD.

Ok this is probably a really dumb question, but if I currently am out of contract (been more than 2 years since i signed up) and have Top 100 plus HD platinum/bronze, I can replace all that with one of the turboHD packages?

Seems like a better deal if I only watch HD channels anyway

Yes, you should be able to change your package without a commitment. TurboHD is HD only though, so if you have older equipment that is SD only, you may be asked to upgrade that equipment, which may require a commitment of some sort.

I just emailed that ceo address! Hopefully I get it.
Thanks for the info.

The only equipment I have is a Vip 622 and I only watch HD channels anyway so it makes sense for me.

wow, they responded less than an hour later and already switched me over!!
Dish Rocks!!!

I want to switch now. I don't know when to move though. The only channels I like to watch are Telehit (on Dish Latino) and Boomerang (I love the old cartoons, reminds me of childhood). I watch HD channels a couple of times a week. I am thinking about getting Turbo HD bronze + Dish Latino bonus pack. The only channel I'll miss is boomerang. I should record the cartoons and then switch. lol

What Turbo HD package did you get?

Satellites for turbohd

What satellites do I need to have in order to be able to have turbohd ?
I am located on central California.

I want to switch now. I don't know when to move though. The only channels I like to watch are Telehit (on Dish Latino) and Boomerang (I love the old cartoons, reminds me of childhood). I watch HD channels a couple of times a week. I am thinking about getting Turbo HD bronze + Dish Latino bonus pack. The only channel I'll miss is boomerang. I should record the cartoons and then switch. lol

What Turbo HD package did you get?

I ended up getting TurboHD Silver with Locals.
On the dish site you can see which channels come with each package. I didn't watch the ones that came with Gold but I did watch the ones that Silver had over Bronze. I think its so useless having 200 channels when you only watch 10 or 15 of them.

I know what you mean about boomerang, it seems like they don't make it easy to get that one unless you sign up for a larger package.
I did notice though that netflix has a lot of those older cartoons on dvd's now, so since I have a netflix sub I just get those.

I tried to switch to a TurboHD package today however they told me it was only for new customers only until February. But for the inconvenience, they credited my account the cost of my current package for the month of January. Dish could have saved money today if they had just switched me to TurboHd.

I just got switched through email to Silver plus locals...

Nice and easy...

I tried to switch to a TurboHD package today however they told me it was only for new customers only until February. But for the inconvenience, they credited my account the cost of my current package for the month of January. Dish could have saved money today if they had just switched me to TurboHd.

Did you try calling? You won't be able to do it via calling.

I think the only way if you are an existing customer is through CEO. With that being said though you have to have HD receivers. If you have older SD only receivers, CEO might ask you to upgrade your equipment first.

I got switched over last week by emailing ceo@ -- also incredibly happy with how that worked out. I had the HD Absolute package up until the start of hockey season, then finally caved in to AT250($59.99 w/Locals) + $10 HD add-on to be able to get FSN to see the Wild games along with the channels I really liked out of the HD Only package. Now with Turbo HD Gold ($39.99) + $5 locals I get all the channels I normally watch and saved enough money to sign up for Center Ice and get the NHL Network + more games in HD.

Hard to argue with spending less and still ending up with more TV that I actually want to watch.

Did you try calling? You won't be able to do it via calling.

I think the only way if you are an existing customer is through CEO. With that being said though you have to have HD receivers. If you have older SD only receivers, CEO might ask you to upgrade your equipment first.

I have HD silver already. I am happy to wait until February to get TurboHD as they already credited my account the cost of my current package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)