All DVR recordings erased after update...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mcy919

Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
NC
I just got DIRECTV not too long ago and we have two DVRs in our house. Both of them got the newest software either Monday night or Tuesday morning and I am mostly pleased with the changes it made. Unfortunately, it erased all of our recordings on BOTH DVRs! Luckily, neither one of us had anything on there that we can't record again. My question is will this be a regular occurrence every time we have an update, and if so, is there a way to prevent it?

No, that is very rare, especially to erase on both.

Did you do a "reset everything" from the menu at all? That erases all the hard drive.

Can't say I've ever hear of this happening before.

No, we didn't reset anything. We cut the DVRs off before we went to sleep like we always do. Then when we woke up, all of our recordings on both DVRs were gone. We then did a manual reset to see if it might bring them back, but it didn't work.

ive read on another site that this has happened to others before....they mentioned that when the update comes in it might find, according to the new updates specs, that files are considered corrupted (even though the previous update didnt) and just erases them when it (cant think of the word) rewrites ? the hardrive.

Very interesting,
I have never heard of this happening, particularly seeing it was a National Release, not a forced one.
Which DVR's were they that did this ?
What update do you currently show on your rec's ?
Menu Set up System Set up Info and Test then look under the Software past upgrade.

Jason,
It sounds like it was the normal update, not a CE he's referring to.

Jimbo

Very interesting,
I have never heard of this happening, particularly seeing it was a National Release, not a forced one.
Which DVR's were they that did this ?
What update do you currently show on your rec's ?
Menu Set up System Set up Info and Test then look under the Software past upgrade.

Jason,
It sounds like it was the normal update, not a CE he's referring to.

Jimbo

They are both R16 DVRs and the past upgrade says "0x1224, Tues 07/15 at 6:12a."

Got me also

Not only did it erase everything I had stored but it deleted my ToDo list, reset my faverates, deleted my "Recent searches".

Called DTV - no help. Now the receiver will reset itself every couple of days (while I am watching it.

Ready to go to cable.

Perhaps the receivers are defective. Not likely but, not unpossible. If the receivers are resetting themselves by themself in the middle of viewing, I don't see what else it could be unless a power issue in your home. Again, unlikely but, possible. I would call DirecTV and report them defective and have two replacements if they are under lease.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)