All HD Package?

teneightyp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Duluth, MN
I have a question for somebody. If I have an all HD package (Turbo Silver) why do I get a bunch of SD channels like LINK and DOC and the religious and shopping channels? Just curious. Thanks!

The All HD package does consist of shopping, public interest and religious channels not in HD, there are also several sd channels in free preview each month which you should be getting.

Then it's not an all HD package. Why are there these channels? I don't want them. Although LINK and DOC are pretty cool.

The PI channels are mandated by the FCC. The shopping channels pay for coverage. They will always be a part of satellite television. At least they aren't forced to offer them in HD. If you got them in HD, then there would be MUCH less HD on dish... (Another way to look at it, take 20 HD channels away so that HD only packs can be HD only) With that understanding, the SD channels gracefully populate my blocked list :D

Then it's not an all HD package. Why are there these channels? I don't want them. Although LINK and DOC are pretty cool.
They are there because Dish offers them to everyone regardless of which package you are in. As for not wanting them, if they bug you that much, then you can always lock the channels out (either by creating a favorites list or by locking the channel). To lock a channel, you go to menu, then push Locks (#5), Channel Locks (#2) and then select the channels to lock.

As for it not being all HD, the same argument can be made about the SD channels that are the same as the HD Channels.

Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts