all HD?

papalittle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2005
Some old corn field, United States
I was informed today that all installs that are run after today must be HD receivers and eastern arc no matter what. Even if the customer does not want HD. If this is true what is Dish going to do with all the non-HD receviers and 500 - 1000.2 dishes that are going to have to be returned? Who has to foot the extra cost of HDMI cables? I am hoping that my contractor got it wrong.

I was informed today that all installs that are run after today must be HD receivers and eastern arc no matter what. Even if the customer does not want HD. If this is true what is Dish going to do with all the non-HD receviers and 500 - 1000.2 dishes that are going to have to be returned? Who has to foot the extra cost of HDMI cables? I am hoping that my contractor got it wrong.

Well as far we got informed it is true,They want the fast track swapping of MPEG4 Sd chs so instead build a MPEG4 Sd receiver they will give Vip's.I like to see what they going to do with the $ 7.00 fee if the costumer don't request HD programming.

Well as far we got informed it is true,They want the fast track swapping of MPEG4 Sd chs so instead build a MPEG4 Sd receiver they will give Vip's.I like to see what they going to do with the $ 7.00 fee if the costumer don't request HD programming.

If they want to start swapping to MPEG4 receivers they're gonna have to get rid of that HD enable fee, otherwise who the hell will want to sign up for SD with them.

trying to build an FFA account in NYC and mpeg4 is autochecked. no options to choose sd boxes at all. same for dha. pushing people to mpeg4/all-hd boxes is one thing but the programming should push people.

What does that mean for new customers that are on the Western arc? I'm in MN so can 'see' both supposedly, but our installers ended up pointing us at the Western one. Good? Bad? Doesn't matter?

Who has to foot the extra cost of HDMI cables?
Well, you don't have to use HDMI cable or even HD TV set for that matter with an HD receiver. HD receivers do support SD connections. ;)

The 722 does not unless you use the RCA jacks and the customers TV had RCA inputs. so lets say a customer has a 2 TV hookup with DVR and they do not have an HD TV what receiver do you use?
Yes it does.

Though you only have one RF out connector, it sends both tuners out over the agile modulator.

Go to Menu/6/1/5 and you will see where you can turn on the TV 1 Out and then set what channel (Air/Cable etc.) you wish to view Tuner One on via coax.

Yes it does.

Though you only have one RF out connector, it sends both tuners out over the agile modulator.

Go to Menu/6/1/5 and you will see where you can turn on the TV 1 Out and then set what channel (Air/Cable etc.) you wish to view Tuner One on via coax.

Correct. If you want to send TV1 and TV2 to different TVs, you will need a splitter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts