All Hoppers must have Joeys ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mrplow

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 10, 2004
Called to get 2 Hopper's and no Joey's, I was told all hoppers must have joeys. The best they could do was 2 hoppers and 2 joeys. After 1 1/2 hr of checking that was the best they could do.

Contact one of the DIRT team members via PM (or the DIRT thread that Zach started) rather than calling, they'll take care of you.

yes that's what DIRT told me too. Wondering if you can install 2h/2j and then cancel and return one joey after install. Anyone think they would allow that? Or would they just make you take both 1 joey and 1 hopper off. Would be risky.

I think it's the ordering computer system that was not programmed to allow that. Apparently, they can place a 2H2J order and then delete Joeys. That's what I read elsewhere. Of course, it might turn out that gets cancelled with an email which is what has happened to others.

I was able to order 2 hoppers and 1 joey. My order has Corresponding Receiver(s) to be installed 2 Receiver Hopper 1 Receiver Joey 1 Whole Home DVR Service 1 Tag. I think the tag is for the sling? I am scheduled for a Sat install.

I hope they fix them as I could see 2H and 1J a typical install. Seems like one big headache, guess they didn't expect people to order like this.

I hope they fix them as I could see 2H and 1J a typical install. Seems like one big headache, guess they didn't expect people to order like this.

Goes along with the pricing worksheet they gave to retailers which didn't include the 2H combo. I swear I have no idea what goes through their minds out there in Colorado. It is just bizarre at times. I hope it's just an ordering system programming problem and not policy. If they end up not allowing double hoppers without a flock of joeys attached, Direct's HR34 is going to be even more desirable. Anyone reading this site would have seen the desire here for multiple hoppers. Maybe they just want that 50% of the market that only needs one hopper. :)

Goes along with the pricing worksheet they gave to retailers which didn't include the 2H combo. I swear I have no idea what goes through their minds out there in Colorado. It is just bizarre at times. I hope it's just an ordering system programming problem and not policy. If they end up not allowing double hoppers without a flock of joeys attached, Direct's HR34 is going to be even more desirable. Anyone reading this site would have seen the desire here for multiple hoppers. Maybe they just want that 50% of the market that only needs one hopper. :)

I can tell you this...I would have stayed with Dish if they the Hopper had 4 tuners and the Joeys each had a tuner.

A HR34 with 3 H25s has 8 tuners for 4 tvs to use. A 1H 3J setup has 3 tuners for 4 TVs to use. Hmmm... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out and say Houston, we have a problem.

I can tell you this...I would have stayed with Dish if they the Hopper had 4 tuners and the Joeys each had a tuner.

A HR34 with 3 H25s has 8 tuners for 4 tvs to use. A 1H 3J setup has 3 tuners for 4 TVs to use. Hmmm... it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out and say Houston, we have a problem.
But you didn't ;) let those that are happy with Dish, the Hoppers and Joeys enjoy them just as you seem to be enjoying the HR34 ....

That is disappointing that from what I read at this time you can't go two hopper one Joey set up :(

I think for a three room set up a second hopper is key! Not so much for recordings but for live tv in other rooms

The problem is made worse without OTA support. Right now I have three tuners for each of two TVs with my 622 & 612.
I was hoping to go with 2H/1J and be able to support a third HD TV. Three turners is not going to cut it...

I didn't think 3 tuners was enough for a family either, but they went ahead based on their own surveys and research. I have no idea whether they are right or not. It might work for the majority. I figured with the availability of another Hopper, that would even things out a bit even with the extra fee.

I didn't think 3 tuners was enough for a family either, but they went ahead based on their own surveys and research. I have no idea whether they are right or not. It might work for the majority. I figured with the availability of another Hopper, that would even things out a bit even with the extra fee.

Yep, for the people that feel they need more tuners they have the option to do so. This way people that don't need that many tuners are not forced to get it. Everyone has options. Options are great.

But H25s as clients will not do what I want. I hate the record then watch if you want trick play. D* would have been $600 up front for me with DVR clients. Dual Hoppers + Joeys will be $200. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out either.

I was going to give D* another month or two to see if we have any real RVU news, but the more I look at HD channel lineups the more I lean toward Dish(I'm don't care about sports at all).

I am willing to bet once RVU units are out that HD receivers w/tuners as clients will cost from the first unit.

Yep, for the people that feel they need more tuners they have the option to do so. This way people that don't need that many tuners are not forced to get it. Everyone has options. Options are great.

The problem here is that Dish currently isn't allowing a second Hopper without more Joeys. Some just want the additional tuners and they can't currently get them. We're hoping it's just a programming issue and not Dish policy.

See MattG's post, #74 in this thread.

" We understand that some are reporting that they are having 2H/1J installed. At this time, there must be a Joey for each Hopper on the account. We are not able to set up upgrades that install 2 Hoppers, and 1 Joey.

If someone was setup to be installed with 2H/1J, will you please send me a PM so that I can double check your order? Thank you! "

If I had a confirming email or work order for 2 H/1 J, I sure wouldn't PM anything. I'd wait for the install, hope it went as agreed, and if not, raise holy hell. I wouldn't give them a chance to change it ahead of time.

STUPID policy. And even STUPIDER for not telling folks up front, before order day. It only puts a bad taste in our mouths, where if we knew ahead of time, we might not like it, but we wouldn't feel that our hopes and plans were trashed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)