ALL Hoppers will soon lose the ability to resume recordings in progress

OK - I had something very odd happen this morning. I was watching a morning news show, which was recording, in the bedroom as I got dressed. Turned things off, went to the den to get a cup of coffee and drink it and watch more before heading to work. Usual routine. I usually pause and note where I am in the news show before changing rooms, then start it back from the beginning in the other room (since it is still recording) and FF to where I left off in the bedroom.

So this morning I did that, but when I was in the den and went to restart the show and FF to where I left off - it gave me the option to resume where I had paused in the bedroom.
That's actually what I've been doing for years with the morning news. Don't know why you wouldn't have had it all along

That's actually what I've been doing for years with the morning news. Don't know why you wouldn't have had it all along

Because normally (and it was back to "normal" again this morning) if the show is recording while I'm watching, and I pause or stop watching in progress, when I try to start again (same room or another room) I am not given the option to resume from where I last left off.

That IS the entire focus of this entire thread! LOL! The fact that we can't do that! Which is why I was excited when I COULD yesterday. However, it's back to "normal" behavior now and I can't now.

Hopper 3, 4K Joeys.

Because normally (and it was back to "normal" again this morning) if the show is recording while I'm watching, and I pause or stop watching in progress, when I try to start again (same room or another room) I am not given the option to resume from where I last left off.

That IS the entire focus of this entire thread! LOL! The fact that we can't do that! Which is why I was excited when I COULD yesterday. However, it's back to "normal" behavior now and I can't now.

Hopper 3, 4K Joeys.

Sorry, didn't realize you were on the H3. I'm still on HWS with the old interface. And in fact, I'm only planning on upgrading to an H3 when the new interface is forced on me. Not looking forward to dealing with my wife's confusion-to-come, for sure.:oldfrown

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, I will say that I really, really like the H3. I certainly would never go back to my Genie, and of course not back to my old 722k.

That said, particularly with sports, it can be a pain in the rear to be watching a recorded game, flip to something else, and not be able to come back to where you left off. Odd design decision.

Well, I will say that I really, really like the H3. I certainly would never go back to my Genie, and of course not back to my old 722k.

That said, particularly with sports, it can be a pain in the rear to be watching a recorded game, flip to something else, and not be able to come back to where you left off. Odd design decision.
It has to be a mistake that Dish has not fixed yet as otherwise it would simply be an idiotic design decision so I just assume it is a mistake/bug that Dish will hopefully fix before forcing the new UI to all the old Hoppers. As if that currently existing functionality is removed from all Hoppers when the UI is forced out that would make Dish the only cable or satellite provider in the country where it is not possible to resume a recording still in progress. As I have used DVRs from Direct TV, Time Warner, UVerse, Comcast and TiVo and ALL of them allow you to resume a program that is still recording.

So Dish please please fix the bug/mistake in the Hopper 3 UI to allow the capability to resume a recording that is still in progress before you force it out to all existing Hoppers.

any chance this is fixed.....the football example is very real....i like to get caught up in a game then switch to another... i dont want to write down where I am in in so I can go back.
On a separate note....could i type in the time offset to get back quickly? I have Directv and I cannot do that... I have to FF .....If that is not possible....can you FF quickly to a spot ...for a 3 hr football game it takes a long time w DTV
This is one of the reasons I have not switched yet

any chance this is fixed.....the football example is very real....i like to get caught up in a game then switch to another... i dont want to write down where I am in in so I can go back.
On a separate note....could i type in the time offset to get back quickly? I have Directv and I cannot do that... I have to FF .....If that is not possible....can you FF quickly to a spot ...for a 3 hr football game it takes a long time w DTV
This is one of the reasons I have not switched yet

300x Fast forward is very fast.

Well, at least H2s were not forced to GUI in October.
Long live non-GUI interface!!

GUI = Graphic User Interface (General nomenclature for any User Interface that uses Graphics)
You mean the new/forthcoming and wildly feared and unwanted:
CUI = Carbon User Interface

Haven't been able to start recordings while a program is in progress. Even if I have been watching it from the beginning. On HwS. Recent S541.

Try this. Pause the still recording show and use guide to watch another show. Then use RECALL instead of DVR to resume the original show. Just don't watch so many shows it rolls off recall and I haven't tried it over an hour.

It has to be a mistake that Dish has not fixed yet as otherwise it would simply be an idiotic design decision so I just assume it is a mistake/bug that Dish will hopefully fix before forcing the new UI to all the old Hoppers. As if that currently existing functionality is removed from all Hoppers when the UI is forced out that would make Dish the only cable or satellite provider in the country where it is not possible to resume a recording still in progress. As I have used DVRs from Direct TV, Time Warner, UVerse, Comcast and TiVo and ALL of them allow you to resume a program that is still recording.

So Dish please please fix the bug/mistake in the Hopper 3 UI to allow the capability to resume a recording that is still in progress before you force it out to all existing Hoppers.

I just got U221 on my two HWS' and this appears to be fixed. Also fixed is the endless copying of content between Hoppers.

This is still not working on my H3, very disappointed I like being able to resume during recordings. Please bring back this option ASAP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: rsmith7
I too have the problem. I swear it was fixed. But I must have been mistaken. This issue is very annoying.

Does anyone know if this issue/bug has been fixed? I actually don't want to upgrade until that's done, as this is so important to me in the morning.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)