All-in Pricing Xtra and up include multiple TVs, but the bill doesn't match?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Wondering if anyone has seen this on their account (or a customer's account).

I have the all-in pricing, originally had Choice at $105, and upgraded to Xtra at $117, based on the language that says "No extra fees for the first two rooms!".

Got our latest bill and surprise - it is still charging $7 for the second TV. I've called a few different departments (support, retention), and nobody could figure it out. A few times they've changed it back and forth but it always charges the second TV.

This is the entirety of my recent activity screen:

11/17/2018 XXXXXXXX5685 Watch DIRECTV on 1 TV - Charge $7.00
11/17/2018 XXXXXXXX5685 Regional Sports Fee - Charge $5.23
11/17/2018 XXXXXXXX5685 XTRA (all included) - Charge $117.00

We only have the two TVs. A HS17 server, and two Samsung RVU TVs.

Any ideas other than calling every month or two for a manual credit?
I know at one time they offered 4 free TVs, then just one, and now they are promoting two. I have to wonder if there are different versions of the package and the website and CSRs are putting us on the wrong one.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 8.26.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 8.26.33 PM.png
    94 KB · Views: 373
Reactions: whitewolf8214
And just since we have to specify this, for some stupid reason, my account is still on the DirecTV side, no other AT&T services.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
those prices really are not that great
mine is 138.96/month for ultimare, 2 rooms, (1genie, 1 dvr) out the door
(all taxes, fees, ect)

I agree that I have not had a charge for the Genie 2.

I am charged $7 for my second RVU client, billed as "watch on 1 TV". The first TV (and the Genie 2) is not on my bill at all.

Interesting enough, this problem with the website showing that Xtra and up includes 2 receivers was never resolved. After four months, and 3 calls, two return calls from back office employees, it never was corrected and nobody could understand what was wrong. They all rejected the option to receive an email showing what I found. Disappointing service, but not unexpected.
One back office employee said this is a promotion in certain markets, but didn't know what market or why my market didn't get the pricing shown.

I requested and received a credit for the extra receiver twice, but I'm not going to bother with it going forward.
After the World Juniors hockey tournament ends this week I'll drop back to the Choice package and just pay for the 2nd box.

Interesting enough, it still shows the language of no charge for 2 rooms on the change package website today.

With the upcoming price increase, eventually that Entertainment package may be tempting to get rid of the regional sports fee while still having most channels, for Michigan that is jumping to over $7/month, and the Tigers and Red Wings both seem at least a few years from being contenders again. Starting to sound like the definition of fair weather fan.

After the price increase, Choice with the sports fee (@ $7) will be $24 more than Entertainment at regular price, that's a big difference. Of course discount offers can change this impact, but most offers may be similar between the two packages.

I agree that I have not had a charge for the Genie 2.

I am charged $7 for my second RVU client, billed as "watch on 1 TV". The first TV (and the Genie 2) is not on my bill at all.

Interesting enough, this problem with the website showing that Xtra and up includes 2 receivers was never resolved. After four months, and 3 calls, two return calls from back office employees, it never was corrected and nobody could understand what was wrong. They all rejected the option to receive an email showing what I found. Disappointing service, but not unexpected.
One back office employee said this is a promotion in certain markets, but didn't know what market or why my market didn't get the pricing shown.

I requested and received a credit for the extra receiver twice, but I'm not going to bother with it going forward.
After the World Juniors hockey tournament ends this week I'll drop back to the Choice package and just pay for the 2nd box.

Interesting enough, it still shows the language of no charge for 2 rooms on the change package website today.

With the upcoming price increase, eventually that Entertainment package may be tempting to get rid of the regional sports fee while still having most channels, for Michigan that is jumping to over $7/month, and the Tigers and Red Wings both seem at least a few years from being contenders again. Starting to sound like the definition of fair weather fan.

After the price increase, Choice with the sports fee (@ $7) will be $24 more than Entertainment at regular price, that's a big difference. Of course discount offers can change this impact, but most offers may be similar between the two packages.

The issue is this.

The promotion is on a national basis meaning it was not limited to one area. So saying it was certain markets was a lie.

However depending on the time period, the “all in 1” promotion at one time included up to 4 televisions, which was modified to up to 2 televisions, and where it stands now just includes the first Tv.

It was all dependent on the date you signed up.

As far as getting the promotion changed on your account, good luck!

Once the account is built with a particular promotion and your account is activated, good luck getting them to change it. Even if it was an employee or dealers mistake.

I had a customer who insisted on no DVR. We tried to sell it to her multiple times and was told no every time because it would have literally been $2 more per month.

At the same time we sold her friend Directv with a DVR.

Of course now this lady wants a DVR.

I sent an email to Directv and tried, but they won’t change it because now it’s considered an upgrade. Even if we did the upgrade, now the pricing is $15 more instead of the $2.

I explained to the customer we tried to offer it to her, but was turned down everytime.

Solution was to give her 1800 directv and have her hash it out with customer service.

As a dealer our hands are usually tied

Reactions: AmericanZ28
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts