'All My Children' and 'One Life to Live' Set Online Premiere Date

Yes, it comes back on my wedding anniversary ; April 29th. I'll be watching my old friends again when they return. I've been watching those two shows since the 70's when I was a teenager. Started in the summer when school was out and continued on when I got my first VCR in 81. I really enjoyed watching them when I worked grave yards for so many years in the early 80's. I only hope that they can do a quality show in 30 minutes a day, 4 times a week. I'll watch it on Hulu for free.

Could be. Online has more time to let a show grow and develop for new shows that weren't given enough time to attract an audience. Also favorites like AMC and OLTL were fan favorites for over 40 years and were only taken off the air so ABC could save money with cheap trashy shows like the Chew and the other stupid show they already cancelled.

OLTL was my favorite show from the 80s on . The time travel stories to the Old West. The space ship to Heaven with Viki and her guardian angel Clarence or Gabriel ,I can remember now. The under ground city of Eterna with all it's cold war elements. Not to mention the many split personalities of Viki : Niki,Tori, Jean,Tommy, Victor Lord, Princess.... Viki's character alone kept me watching for the past 30 years. AMC died about 2 years before they took it off ,when they went HD and moved to L.A. to film it. I did like AMC in the 80s and 90s and even some of this last decade. But many of the characters were played out and had no where to go , but to repeat the same mistakes and or relationships that they had already married ,several times before. Either way I will watch to see if there is any improvement on AMC ,once it goes online. Without Erica Kane though, there will be no one to revolve the characters around. After all Erica was the star of this show since 1970.

'One Life To Live' And 'All My Children' Online Revival Sparks Lawsuit Between Prospect Park And ABC

Full Story

"As "One Life to Live" and "All My Children" prepare to make their online debut, production company Prospect Park has filed a lawsuit against ABC, alleging that the network has been sabotaging their attempts to relaunch the long-running soaps online and failed to comply with the terms of their licensing agreement.

According to Deadline, Prospect Park is suing ABC for damages of at least $25 million, since "ABC did not deliver what it promised, Prospect did not get what it paid for, and Prospect is now entitled to recover millions of dollars in damages for ABC’s egregious conduct."

Supposedly the lawsuit is over the killing off of certain One Life to Live characters on General Hospital, that were loaned to them to use between the time after their shows ended on ABC and the new ones start on PP. They said that ABC killed them off and also kept one of their characters to play a character that was a G.H. one. This is about the One Life to Live characters Cole and his baby daughter that were both killed off their debut episode of Gh. Also John was playing on Gh spinoff Port Charles ten years ago before he was on One Life to Live and when he came to G.H. he played both his One life to live character and his Port Charles character - a vampire Steven Clay. Both looked the same because he had played both on the two different shows. Now G.H. is going to keep 3 of the One Life to Live characters, after they help relaunch One Life to Live and bring them back to G.H. to play three different characters not linked to One Life to Live. So these characters are essential to OLtL and Prospect Park is taking them back . It all sounds like a bad soap opera. Ironic huh?;)

Been watching it since it started back on both shows. Much racier language for the characters. Stories are similar to other soaps. I like it ,except having to watch commercials. I really hate that.

Today's episode was great on OLtL. Jack told his uncle that he missed a few days of school and she( him mom Blair) is having a sh*t fit! I haven't even heard that saying in movies or tv before . It was priceless the look on Blair's face.

All My Children is getting the ax once again. The show's online owners, Prospect Park, claim that ABC hijacked the show by stealing many of the AMC and One Life to Live stars and moving them to General Hospital and forbidding them to appear on ABC talk shows. AMC will be killed and both parties will battle out the dollars and cents in court.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...n-dead-20131113,0,6564365.story#axzz2keWehlD8

Personally, I've only watched a handful of episodes in the new format...it's not convenient and many of the new actors on the show really suck. I cringe whenever I hear the new JR open his pie-hole.

Out of the two shows that I both watched I liked ONE LIFE TO LIVE better. But I thoroughly HATED watching them online with 4 commercials every 5 minutes that I couldn't skip. Condensing down an hour show into less than 23 minutes a day is not good for a soap. That and they tried to film everything on budget sets that could be used on both shows. As for AMC characters on General Hospital, I don't recall any of them being on . Just OLTL characters like Star, her baby's daddy and her child Hope, Todd, Blair, John. Now all but Blair are on GH ,but they all have new names and backgrounds. Sad to see both shows go off network tv, but it won't be that hard to see them go off from online.

ABC Doesn't Want Prospect Park to Extend Soaps License

ABC has responded in court for the first time to the $95 million lawsuit launched by Prospect Park that accuses the network of sabotaging a relaunch of One Life to Live and All My Children.
The first order of business for ABC? Making sure that Prospect Park's hold on the soaps isn't secure.

hollywoodreporter.com

ABC Fails To Trim Prospect Park Soap Suit

ABC took a hit this morning in Prospect Park’s multimillion-dollar legal action over licensed soaps All My Children and One Life To Live. The network was denied its motion to strike the part of the production company’s amended complaint in which Prospect Park asked to have the license agreement for the online shows extended and payments to ABC “excused” while the nearly year-old breach of contract suit for more than $100 million moves forward.

deadline.com

Was there ever a huge online demand for these soaps, considering the TV ratings were dropping how many people would have searched it out online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)