All recording gone!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Juergen99

Original poster
Jun 26, 2009
Midwest
I've had Dish for about a week now. Around noon today my wife left me a message that all our dvr recordings are gone. We switched from Cox cable and she lost one of her favorite channels and she likes the old DVR interface better. Let's just say she is very angry. Does this happen very often? (I have a 722k DVR)

No it does not, and the recordings might still be there. I have seen this happen (most frequently on a 612) where the disk goes offline. It requires unplugging and plugging back in again, but so far this has fixed it without the loss of any recordings.

No it does not, and the recordings might still be there. I have seen this happen (most frequently on a 612) where the disk goes offline. It requires unplugging and plugging back in again, but so far this has fixed it without the loss of any recordings.

Yup...u need to do as told above. Happened to me once on my 625 infact. Once it got poweron & DL the programming guide...I saw all my recorded programs back in the DVR. I was having abt 50 hrs of recording when that happened

I called my son and had him unplug the receiver. After plugging it back in the recordings are still gone. How do you force a guide update?

Last edited:
After talking to my wife I get the real story. She was attempting to delete a group of shows (she said a folder) and selected "select all" and everything got deleted. Fortunatel it's is 'operator error' in this case. I'm not exactly sure what she did but I will have her go through what she did when I get home. We are still getting used to this new interface. Ihave to say that the Cox dvr was easy to use and did what we wanted. I will keep an open mind and give it some time. Thanks rajmarie & TheKrell for the quick responses.

Some (all?) versions of dish software interpret "select all" as "select all" even when you are viewing a folder. Technically correct but counterintuitive (the button doesn't say "select all in current folder" which is what a normal user would take "select all" while viewing a folder to mean). I learned this the hard way... once.

In this case. It may be a good thing for repeat programming. I never sweat a delete here and there. It will probably come around again. (Sans live sports)

Some (all?) versions of dish software interpret "select all" as "select all" even when you are viewing a folder.
Argh! That would explain one of the disasters I had early on with my 612. But that is no longer true. I've been doing a Select All followed by Delete from within a folder, and it operates as expected these days. Try it, you'll like it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts