All the local major networks in just HD now? Huh?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpySatellite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
I live in metro NY and have been using channels 80, 82, 86 & 88 for CBS, NBC, ABC & FOX in HD. I discovered yesterday that my old channels (those I grew up using) 2, 4, 5 & 7 are also in HD not SD.

Has anyone else witnessed this, know anything about this or should I make an appointment with my eye doctor?

I live in metro NY and have been using channels 80, 82, 86 & 88 for CBS, NBC, ABC & FOX in HD. I discovered yesterday that my old channels (those I grew up using) 2, 4, 5 & 7 are also in HD not SD.

Has anyone else witnessed this, know anything about this or should I make an appointment with my eye doctor?

Those would be the MPEG4 versions. And they have been there well over a year, closer to 2 years now. They were the first things uplinked on the Spaceway's. You do need a 5 LNB dish and an MPEG4 receiver (H20 or HR20) to get them though.

The channels in the 80s are for DNS (distant network service) for those that don't have locals. But since it's also your local market you are authorized for them.

Ah Ha! Just got that equipment upgrade a month ago thus the mystery has been solved. Many thanks, Scott.

Scott S.

It's been that way since spring 2006. You may see duplicates of each of your locals: one in SD, the other HD.

Except YES (622) which displays the SD first which is a slight pain. Go figure!

Except YES (622) which displays the SD first which is a slight pain. Go figure!

You apparently do not have the latest software upgrade. YES hd is listed first in my guide and when I enter 622 it goes to the hd channel. I have an HR20-700 with the 0168 software. Which receiver do you have and what is the software version?

He most likely does not have an HR20 because all HR20's have been updated to have the HD version come up first. I'll bet he has the non-DVR, the H20.

He most likely does not have an HR20 because all HR20's have been updated to have the HD version come up first. I'll bet he has the non-DVR, the H20.

I agree, but I wanted to be sure before going any further.

Status
Please reply by conversation.