All Timers Gone! Cannot reprogram "Timer Creation Failed"

smoke

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
What's happening? Just turned the TV on for the day and noticed the afternoon show we record and watch was not in the DVR file. Checked and discovered that all our timers are gone and it will not even let us try to re-create them. Get a "Timer Creation Failed" Notice. Try later....

No power failure or anything that would cause this. Happened last night I guess.

Have you tried resetting the Hopper by either a front panel reset, or pulling the power cord for a couple minutes? There's a possibility a reset might jar it loose and those items return... at least maybe the timers.

Phew :0 On the phone with Tech as I type. Unplugged and updated a download. Everything is back--- Yeh End of crisis

Reactions: DWS44
Happened to me today. All of my stuff came back after a hard reset. PTAT did NOT come back. I had to set it up again. The old recordings were there, but it missed everything prior to my reset a few minutes ago.

Did you try to restore your timers using the remote? There is an option to restore all setting and timers with the remote (yes it saves all that stuff on the remote itself. ) there is an option to do this, can't remember off the top of my head where but I know its in the settings. Its always a good thing to back your settings up frequently.

Did you try to restore your timers using the remote? There is an option to restore all setting and timers with the remote (yes it saves all that stuff on the remote itself. ) there is an option to do this, can't remember off the top of my head where but I know its in the settings. Its always a good thing to back your settings up frequently.
Menu, Settings, Diagnostics, Tools, Restore Settings.... The Hopper will automatically save your settings to the remote every several days....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)