ALL VOOM TO GO MPEG4 AUGUST 15th

I just called to swap my 921 for another 622, they told me sense I had "upgraded within the past 12 months under "Dishin it up", that I would not be eligible for this exchange. You may end up in the same boat. Anyone know whether this is in fact true or just more misinformation from Dish...??:confused:

Mine is past the 12 months limit. But would be a fifth leased tuner.

I would like to remind folks (especially those from another forum) that this is a like for like swap with NO COMMITMENT.

I see comments on other boards from their staff scaring people into thinking there is a commitment needed to do this. There is not.

Now remember the only way to get this deal is for Dish to call you and make it available to you. You can not call and ask for this deal.

So if you only have MPEG2 receivers and subscribe to the $9.99 HD pack be expecting a phone call over the next few weeks. :)

Please pass this information on. :D

I would like to remind folks (especially those from another forum) that this is a like for like swap with NO COMMITMENT.

I see comments on other boards from their staff scaring people into thinking there is a commitment needed to do this. There is not.

Now remember the only way to get this deal is for Dish to call you and make it available to you. You can not call and ask for this deal.

So if you only have MPEG2 receivers and subscribe to the $9.99 HD pack be expecting a phone call over the next few weeks. :)

Please pass this information on. :D

SO If I call them I'll Have a commitment But if they Call me I won't have a commitment.

I'll Be waiting By the Phone . I haven't changed to the Dish DVR Advantage pack yet so My bill will only go up 1.02 after ten months if I go for the Dish DVR Advantage. Am i correct???

Thanks,
Cegarrett

As stated previously I have a 622 and a 921 so I already have 1 MPEG4 receiver so do you still think they will contact me regarding my 921? I already have the everything package & HD programming to avoid the dvr fees. Sorry to be so confused but don't want to miss the opportuniny to upgrade the receiver at no additional cost. Thanks for your help in advance...:)

As stated previously I have a 622 and a 921 so I already have 1 MPEG4 receiver so do you still think they will contact me regarding my 921? I already have the everything package & HD programming to avoid the dvr fees. Sorry to be so confused but don't want to miss the opportuniny to upgrade the receiver at no additional cost. Thanks for your help in advance...:)
Do you have the $9.99 HD pack or the $20 HD pack?

If you have the $9.99 HD pack you will get the call.

Do you have the $9.99 HD pack or the $20 HD pack?

If you have the $9.99 HD pack you will get the call.

Scott, just to clarify, wouldn't it be that they would call you if you have the $5 Voom add on, since this is what they are getting rid of?

I would assume they won't call the people with the $9.99 pack until they decide to convert that base package to MPEG4.

But it affects his other recievers, I'm in the same boat having a 622, 921 and 811 with the last two receivers not getting much HD at all now.:(

Ah, ok. So E*'s concern is making sure you get one mpeg4 box if you wish so that you can continue with Voom/HD.

It's not a great deal then for some, guess you cant expect em to give people mulitple recvr's for free.

I wonder if E* considered all the scenarios before coming up with this offer.

I'm in the same boat.... A 622, a 921, a 510, and 2 508s..... The 921 is kept in my basement right now, but I'll be adding a new HDTV in a few months and could use the 2nd HD PVR. Still waiting to see whether I get included in teh swap.... Added kink is that I am going on DishPause for 4-5 months while they renovate my house starting next week, so I don't know where I stand..... (Plus, what happens if my receivers fail when I try and plug them back in after 5 months if inactivity? Will my $5.99 warranty still apply when I reactivate everything?)

If you have the $20 pack, you have a mpeg4 box. Correct?

Therefore, E* moving Voom to mpeg4 does not affect you.

Some people are like me. I have the $20 pack and a 622, but I also have a 921. So I would be affected.

Scott, what will they do in cases like mine?

I dont have an answer for you. From the sounds of it they are only trying to upgrade the folks paying $9.99 to the $20 a month package.

Hopefully someone at Dish realizes that people in my situation will be very upset if the Voom channels go poof and don't get a "like for like" swap.

I received this email today (6/14/2007) from Dish

Our High-Definition packages will change effective August 15th; you will not be able to view all of the HD channels you see today with your current HD receivers and programming.

Since you are such a valued customer, we want to make sure you don’t miss a minute of your HD programming. We’ve set up a special upgrade solution to make it easy for you to move to our current DishHD programming package, which includes 13 additional HD channels including: (email showed logos for A&E, HGTV, ESPN2, HDNFL, Food Network)

Plus your local networks in HD!

Upgrade your HD to DishHD before August 1, 2007, and receive:

FREE leased HD replacement receiver for each HD receiver you currently have in your home*. (at bottom of email --* Mpeg2 receivers only)
Instantly get $100 off your DishHD programming ($10 off for 10 months) making your monthly charge just $10 for 10 months. That’s a savings of $5 compared to what you pay for HD programming today.

Thank you for being a loyal DISH Network customer.

They gave a number to call to accept the offer. Also, FREE RECEIVER REQUIRES 18 MONTH COMMITMENT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts