ALL VOOM TO GO MPEG4 AUGUST 15th

FREE leased HD replacement receiver for each HD receiver you currently have in your home*. (at bottom of email --* Mpeg2 receivers only)
Instantly get $100 off your DishHD programming ($10 off for 10 months) making your monthly charge just $10 for 10 months. That’s a savings of $5 compared to what you pay for HD programming today.

Thank you for being a loyal DISH Network customer.

They gave a number to call to accept the offer. Also, FREE RECEIVER REQUIRES 18 MONTH COMMITMENT.

Well, other than the 18 mo commit, looks like a deal that should make people happy. As I read they will give a replacement for EACH, so I agree with a commitment

When I first saw this thread title: ALL VOOM TO GO MPEG4 AUGUST 15th, I guess my wishful thinking caused me to believe it said: ALL VOOM TO GO AUGUST 15th.

VOOM is worthless crap.

Not to everybody. Many people enjoy at least some of the channels. Equator is about my favorite HD channel. If you don't like it, don't watch it, or even subscribe to it. But recognize many DO like it. This is no different than my feeling that I am paying for a bunch of (expensive) sports channels that I never watch.

...... I'm only interested in a handful of channels to be in HD besides my local network affiliates, which I watch from an uncompressed OTA digital signal.

Your digital OTA signal is also compressed. That is the nature of digital signals- they are all compressed. It's just that often, OTA signals are less compressed.

But recognize many DO like it. This is no different than my feeling that I am paying for a bunch of (expensive) sports channels that I never watch.

Big 10 network for one :D (just had to mess with those guys).

I will admit I was a Voom blaster at one point, but after having it, I really do enjoy the option. Mon HD is by far my favorite, but Equator is good too.

Scott,
said in my ealier post. I don't know if this offer pertains to me. I called Dish to see if I could get a second 622 to replace a 921 on June 2nd. This is what I was told an transpired. They took $150.00 off my credit card and I will get an instant $50.00 refund as well as $10.00 a month credit on my bill. They told me that there will be no change in my monthly bill. I received an empty box to return my 921 in today. Tomorrow they are supposed to come to install the 622 between 8-12a.m. I've got my fingers crossed. The information that I got this from was the winback department.I'll let you know if everything goes ok. Finally lets get NESNHD out this way.

I received this email today (6/14/2007) from Dish

Our High-Definition packages will change effective August 15th; you will not be able to view all of the HD channels you see today with your current HD receivers and programming.

Since you are such a valued customer, we want to make sure you don’t miss a minute of your HD programming. We’ve set up a special upgrade solution to make it easy for you to move to our current DishHD programming package, which includes 13 additional HD channels including: (email showed logos for A&E, HGTV, ESPN2, HDNFL, Food Network)

Plus your local networks in HD!

Upgrade your HD to DishHD before August 1, 2007, and receive:

FREE leased HD replacement receiver for each HD receiver you currently have in your home*. (at bottom of email --* Mpeg2 receivers only)
Instantly get $100 off your DishHD programming ($10 off for 10 months) making your monthly charge just $10 for 10 months. That’s a savings of $5 compared to what you pay for HD programming today.

Thank you for being a loyal DISH Network customer.

They gave a number to call to accept the offer. Also, FREE RECEIVER REQUIRES 18 MONTH COMMITMENT.

I also got a call this afternoon. I called back, but nobody answered.

I also received the email today.

I'll be saying goodbye to my Dish 6000 for a new leased (with no monthly lease charge) Dish 211. It should be a significant upgrade with hdmi and the ability to continue viewing your current channel while surfing the program guide.

I have been a strictly hd pak+voom+$6 access fee=$21/month for 6 1/2 years, from the day VOOM went under, although I still have my VOOM 24" dish on the roof.

So now it's $40/month for 10 months and then $50/month. Not sure it's worth the extra $$$ for the few extra channels I will get to enjoy (5 of the new ones, to be exact) but I could not lose the Voom channels that I really like.

Includes the free installation changeover of removing my Dish 500 and Dish 300 (pointing to 61.5) for the new all in one dish. So my roof top will only have 5 dishes instead of 6. I may lose my standing in my community. :)

They did require a credit card on file but will continue to paper bill me as in the past.

But, they did WAiVE the 18 month committment for me being a long standing customer. The csr brought it up when I asked if they could offer me the world instead of the rebate and installation.

Shelly

I got the call and the e-mail (the call was an automated message left on my voicemail). I took them up on the like-for-like (2-211's for my 2-811's). I asked about waiving the 18-months and was told "no" (I've been a customer for 9 years). I'm not that worried about it. No LOS for 110/119/129, which was why I subscribed to Voom DBS years ago. I'll gladly commit to 18 months to keep Monsters, Rave, Rush, etc.

Your digital OTA signal is also compressed. That is the nature of digital signals- they are all compressed. It's just that often, OTA signals are less compressed.

Your OTA ATSC signals are as pure as the broadcasters can make them unless your local affiliates are screwing around (some do, fortunately most of mine don't). The OTA broadcasters aren't starved for bandwidth and don't have to compress the signal to fit X number of channels on a given satellite transponder. That's why the Dish HD stuff doesn't compare, PQ-wise, to well operated OTA HD. In fact, current Dish HD isn't up to the PQ of Dish HD back in 2003, but at least they are better than DirectTV HD.

<snip>....I wonder if E* considered all the scenarios before coming up with this offer.

rotfl[1].gif

I guess if that's the case, it's pretty clear it's what it does for "E" that counts and not the customer.

In a way thats true, BUT, as Scobuck stated they are ALL like that . Its a business, sometimes to make more money you have make a decision that makes some customers mad, like when many places quit taking checks.

As Ive stated in this thread, if you do not like paying for equipment or signing commitments, cable is your best option. If you dont like cable, you can put up a $70 antenna and get your hdtv for free.

I Got a Call Yesterday and returned it last night. They CSR said he could not waive the 18 month Commitment Requirement. I declined (for Now). I'll check back as the Deadline approaches.

Maybe for Phase 1 a commitment is required but in Phase 2 the commitment will be waived. ??

If anyone else gets any information Please Post it.

Thanks,
cegarrett

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts