All Windows Versions

Didn't Sony or someone come out with a 3.5" disk that was about 100mb and the drive was backwards compatible with 3.5" 1.44mb disks. Was sort of like a Zip disk?
Imation came out with one called SuperDisk. 100mb

I remember MS-DOS Shell - I think it looked better than Windows 1.0 ! My first real Windows experience would have been 3.0, then 3.1, and then Windows for Workgroups (I think that's the order). At my previous job, I did encounter a machine running Windows 2.x later on....

To this day I occasionally miss the beautiful simplicity of the command line.

Reactions: navychop
I've used just about every workstation version of Windows since 3.1, except for ME. (Entered the world of computing in 1995 at the age of 12) 3.1, 95, 98, 98SE, NT4.0, 2K, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1. On the server side, 2K Server, Server 2003, 2003R2, 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2. When I started my present job two years ago, there was an old server running NT4.0 Server, that had a very elaborate (for it's time) and very old database on it that I had to migrate off to something more modern, but I never really used NT Server in it's full capacity. I did have Windows ME installed on a PC years after it came out just to see what all the hate was about, but never really used it for anything.

Windows 2000, Windows Vista and Windows 8.1 are my favorites. Windows XP was the only version that I hated. I ran 2K Pro for years as my main operating system, then bought a new PC with XP Pro and loathed it. I pre-ordered a copy of Vista Ultimate from Tiger and I could not wait to get away from XP. The week that Vista was released, my great uncle passed away and I was tied up with a lot of family stuff. The first real opportunity that I had to take a moment and set everything up was a few days later on Super Bowl Sunday. That is when I dumped XP for good and never looked back. One of my my earliest memories in life is watching Super Bowl XXI, and I never missed a Super Bowl from that game until XLI. As big as a sports fan as I am, as big as a football fan as I am, as much as I love the Super Bowl, my hatred for Windows XP overtook all of that. I had to be rid of it

I'm not big on YouTube, but this is one of my favorite YT videos of all time.

I'm looking forward to WIN10, but will not be taking advantage of it's biggest features.

Cortana - I do not have a mic hooked up to my desktop PCs and don't use my laptop that often.

Virtual Desktops - I only keep three icons on my desktop. My Computer, Network and Recycle Bin. I don't need nor want different desktops layouts. With dual displays, I keep windows organized how I like them. If I need to use that screen real estate for something else, there this great thing in the upper right hand corner of the screen that looks like a minus sign. Minimize,

Start Menu - I've been using Classic Shell since it fist came out to give me the WIN9X/2K style Start Menu back in Windows 7. The fact the WIN 8 didn't have a Start button, and WIN8.1 has one that takes to to the Start Screen not a traditional Start Menu is not a big deal whatsoever to me, since like with Windows 7, if 8/8.1 had a real Start Menu I would have replaced it with Classic Shell anyhow. I have no plans to use the stock Menu with Windows 10. Even on with 10 Preview I have Classic Shell Installed.

Notifications - I don't really care to be notified of every little thing that goes on in things I may or nay not be interested in.

One Drive - I have no desire to use One Drive. I also have no desired to log on to my computer with a Microsoft account. Just let me sign in with a local account, Just let me save my data on my own 6TB WD MyCloud or my own local SSD.

Spartan - While I'm one of the few who'll admit to loving Internet Explorer, I moved Chrome about 4 years ago.and can't see myself leaving it due to how committed I am to Android for mobile computing, The integration between the Chrome Android apps and the Windows browser is very nice and for that reason alone, I can't see myself using Spartan on a regular basis.

Not to forget the Zip (100MB) and Jazz (1GB) drives from Iomega.
I still have some Zip 100's around as well as a portable Zip Drive. I also have an old Pentium 4 computer with an internal Zip Drive. They were great for backups.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)