AllWorship on SkyAngel

greg h

Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
I love the new channel that Sky Angel is now offering: AllWorship.com. I've listened to it on the Internet for a couple years and I'm thrilled that Sky Angel now has this station. Nonstop, commercial-free Christian worship music. Sounds better than most every radio station I have ever heard on terrestrial radio--great selection of music as well as the latest releases. I see that it is a ministry, not a "business"; and they started AllWorship.com so people who live in faraway countries with no Christian radio station or Christian bookstore could have access to Christian music.

I would agree. While I did listen to KTLW at times, this is a worthwhile swap.

Brad

Is Sky Angel worth the money?

I would debate that myself. I have a lifetime sub that my father paid a lot for back in the 1980s when the idea was just in Bob Johnson's head. :)

I am trying to work out getting my sister up and running on SkyAngel though, and she would love to have it.

Brad

I would debate that myself. I have a lifetime sub that my father paid a lot for back in the 1980s when the idea was just in Bob Johnson's head. :)

I am trying to work out getting my sister up and running on SkyAngel though, and she would love to have it.

Brad

Sky Angel is well worth the money, imho. :up As far as your sister getting Sky Angel, I've been trying to convince all of my Christian friends that they should have Sky Angel. So far, only my sister-in-law is going to sign up. One other person says that he will sign up right away, but he hasn't yet.

Well, all you can do is try...

I am a big supporter of Sky Angel but I really dislike the mainstream networks and Hollywood productions. An FTA setup that allows a person to get channels off both AMC4 and IA5 maybe just as good as SkyAngel, although I do enjoy FOXNews and SafeTV.

I look forward to the day when SkyAngel gets its own bird and hopfully can carry twice or three times as many channels as it now does. Then it will be far better than what FTA offers.

I look forward to the day when SkyAngel gets its own bird and hopfully can carry twice or three times as many channels as it now does.
From http://skyangel.com we have the following comment.
Sky Angel is the only Christian organization in the world licensed to own and operate a direct broadcast satellite (DBS) system and is one of only three high-power DBS companies operating in the United States today; the other two are DISH™ Network and DirecTV®...
If I understand that statement, Sky Angel has a certain bandwidth licensed exclusively for their programming. Are you saying that the current arrangement with E* gives them only 1/2 to 1/3 of their licensed spectrum from 61.5? If they're using all of it right now, then the best we could hope for with their own orbital assets is lower subscription costs, but not more channels.

Are you saying that the current arrangement with E* gives them only 1/2 to 1/3 of their licensed spectrum from 61.5?
Well, what do you know? This question has already been answered :) here: http://satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=36453&postcount=4 Sky Angel is using only 2 out of 8 transponders. So in principle, with their own bird, they could put up 4X the programming they do now. This agreement ends in 2010.

No. Right now they own 8 transponders at 61.5 They’ve owned those for years.
The problem is they don’t have any satellites built for those transponders to go on. They have an agreement with Dish Network for either the life of Echo 3 or 2010, which ever comes first.

If lets say Echo 3 dies tomorrow, SA has no where to go. Dish can move their programming on 61.5 to Rainbow 1, which is co-located there but SA has no where to go.

Until SA gets a satellite built (which in the link you provided they’ve thought about but haven’t done) they better pray (no pun intended) that Echo 3 doesn’t blow up. Because then they’d have no where to go. Also, who would supply the boxes for them? They have a good little thing going with Dish right now. If they get their own satellite built and moved, sure they could have 8 transponders to put programming on. But right now they only have 2

Where do you think 90% of the Sky Angel channels come from?

I should have qualified that by saying a "Ku" FTA dish. A lot of people are not interested in having a 6' or 9' dish in their yard and certainly not on an apartment balcony (I think). However as of today, a 3' Ku FTA dish can get a person about as many religious channels as Sky Angel does.

If lets say Echo 3 dies tomorrow, SA has no where to go. Dish can move their programming on 61.5 to Rainbow 1, which is co-located there but SA has no where to go.

I want to add that Dish would probably WANT to get the deal back with SA because Sky Angel owns 6 transponders Dish is allowed to use because of the deal. If Dish essentially kicks SA off their satellite, Dish would have to clear off transponders 26-31!

Currnetly transponders 27, 29 and 31 are loaded with international programming. TP 30 has HD sports channels uplinked but not available to subscribers yet.

See ya
Tony

I do hope SA finds some alternatives. They don't have to leave, but it would give them more power to negotiate if they have options. :)

Brad

Thank you from AllWorship

Thank you for your kind comments regarding AllWorship.com. I work with AllWorship on our worldwide ministry and we are thrilled that God chooses to us to reach people in the remotest parts of the planet.

We are also humbled that the folks at SkyAngel have supported AllWorship by including us as apart of their radio programming.

Just in case you haven't checked out our website (www.AllWorship.com), we also offer a Contemporary and Spanish language worship format.

God bless and enjoy!

AllWorship.com :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)