SkyAngel With Capped 250 GB Metrocast ISP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JC7863

Original poster
Jul 13, 2012
VA
Hi, We were looking into SkyAngel (this technology is beyond me) and upon doing research I became concerned that due to my Metrocast ISP capping me at 250 GB a month that I would be unlikely to be able to switch from DirecTV to SkyAngel. There is no other fast internet provider here. How are people getting SkyAngel with a capped limit? Is it basically pointless? I would be interested in Glorystar, but they do not have NRB, which is EXTREMELY important to our family. Thanks in advance for your help...I'm sorry I am so technologically limited.

I have Comcast broadband. I watch Sky Angel about 3 hours a day and use on average 100 to 150 gb per month Comcast has 250 also.

I have Comcast broadband. I watch Sky Angel about 3 hours a day and use on average 100 to 150 gb per month Comcast has 250 also.
Thank you very much for the reply PHIL16GUY. I'm not trying to delve into your personal business, but do you use your computer a lot, too? I have the option to afford-ably move up to a 350 cap, and we use the computer often and 1 tv would probably use SkyAngel for 6 hours and our childrens tv, perhaps, no more than 3 hours a day. Seems like I would be close to the cap if not over, but, again, this is new to me. I have contacted SkyAngel about bandwidth usage, but they haven't replied in 2 days. Thank you very much, again, for taking your time to reply...I'd like to work this out. EDIT ADDITION: FWIW for anyone that stumbles across this and doesn't know (as I did not) I contacted NRB about them being a part of Glorystar and received this as their reply:
Mr. & Mrs. XXXXXXXX, Thanks so much for writing the NRB Network. We have talked with Glorystar but, their service is on a different satellite. The cost for us to add them is just beyond our budget at this point. Again, thanks for writing. Blessings! Allen Beckner Director of Channel Distribution NRB Network
As I said, NRB is absolutely necessary for whatever service I eventually go with or stay with.

Last edited:
JC7863 said:
Thank you very much for the reply PHIL16GUY. I'm not trying to delve into your personal business, but do you use your computer a lot, too? I have the option to afford-ably move up to a 350 cap, and we use the computer often and 1 tv would probably use SkyAngel for 6 hours and our childrens tv, perhaps, no more than 3 hours a day. Seems like I would be close to the cap if not over, but, again, this is new to me. I have contacted SkyAngel about bandwidth usage, but they haven't replied in 2 days. Thank you very much, again, for taking your time to reply...I'd like to work this out. EDIT ADDITION: FWIW for anyone that stumbles across this and doesn't know (as I did not) I contacted NRB about them being a part of Glorystar and received this as their reply: As I said, NRB is absolutely necessary for whatever service I eventually go with or stay with.

My wife does some shopping. My daughters are home schooled and go to different learning sites. We have carbonite for backup. I download from Itunes
now and then. The box also has a new setting to allow you to set the maximum bandwidth usage.

My wife does some shopping. My daughters are home schooled and go to different learning sites. We have carbonite for backup. I download from Itunes now and then. The box also has a new setting to allow you to set the maximum bandwidth usage.
Phil16GUY, thank you so much for your reply. Truthfully you have been more helpful than the SkyAngel Support. We home school our children, too. Also, the maximum bandwidth usage box setting is something they never told us about. I am very thankful for your help! God Bless and thank you again for taking the time to help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts