Also considering Sky Angel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DeegK09

Original poster
Apr 24, 2009
PA, U.S.A.
I happened to stumble across mention of Sky Angel in another online forum and started looking into it yesterday. So far all I have read about it is mostly positive. I'm seriously considering dropping some of the cable channels I get in order to get Sky Angel, as it's got some channels that I just cannot get with the cable network I subscribe to now.

I see I've got a few days left for the offer of the free box, so I know I need to decide soon. Is it worth the $24.95 a month?

Thanks in advance for any input!

DGK09

I happened to stumble across mention of Sky Angel in another online forum and started looking into it yesterday. So far all I have read about it is mostly positive. I'm seriously considering dropping some of the cable channels I get in order to get Sky Angel, as it's got some channels that I just cannot get with the cable network I subscribe to now.

I see I've got a few days left for the offer of the free box, so I know I need to decide soon. Is it worth the $24.95 a month?

Thanks in advance for any input!

DGK09

Yes, it is worth it.
Both the faith and family selections keep getting better & better with additional channels; and the VOD choices are very good as well. The 48 hour playback feature on the faith channels is one of my favorite options and the service is also compatible with TiVo.
I have Comcast high speed internet (my only option at this point) at 6 mb/s with no buffering issues, but it works well with 1.5 mb/s DSL as well
Do I agree with every teacher/preacher on Sky Angel? of course not, but I have never found another source that offers those that I do agree with (both TV & Radio) all on one convenient platform.
I hope this is of some help.

Jeff

I think it is worth it, for the type of programming offered.

Thanks for the quick replies!

I'm probably going to go ahead and order this...honestly the channels, from what I've seen, offer more (as far as what interests me) than much of what my cable company offers. I have been requesting they add the Gospel Channel forever, and they never have. Just having that one channel will almost be worth the cost.

I'm probably going to end up getting the full package of channels as I see something I want in both Family and Faith packages.

A couple of questions I have -- How often do they add new channels? And do they have a box that will work with the more secure WPA wireless home network or is it still just WEP?

Also I'm getting a DVD recorder next week with HDD (hard drive) to replace the DVR I have now from the cable company...it will work much like a DVD recorder or VCR would. If I wanted to hook that up to the IPTV, do I only need a Y-splitter cable (3 way type) though?

Thanks again!
DGK09

Thanks for the quick replies!

A couple of questions I have -- How often do they add new channels? And do they have a box that will work with the more secure WPA wireless home network or is it still just WEP?

Also I'm getting a DVD recorder next week with HDD (hard drive) to replace the DVR I have now from the cable company...it will work much like a DVD recorder or VCR would. If I wanted to hook that up to the IPTV, do I only need a Y-splitter cable (3 way type) though?

Thanks again!
DGK09

As far as new channels, it may go several months between additions, but I'm sure it depends on what becomes available, contracts and that sort of thing. As far as security you have the option of WEP or WPA.

The box offers composite and S-Video/Component although you have to choose between S-Video or Component, you can't use both at the same time. I have the Component output connected to the TV and the composite output connected to my DVD Recorder.

I hope that answers your questions.

Jeff

As far as new channels, it may go several months between additions, but I'm sure it depends on what becomes available, contracts and that sort of thing. As far as security you have the option of WEP or WPA.

The box offers composite and S-Video/Component although you have to choose between S-Video or Component, you can't use both at the same time. I have the Component output connected to the TV and the composite output connected to my DVD Recorder.

I hope that answers your questions.

Jeff

Yes, that helps a lot. Thanks! I'm going to order mine this weekend or early next week at the latest. I'm looking forward to seeing what Sky Angel has to offer.

DGK09

Well, I tried ordering Sky Angel online today and it didn't go through properly (I think -- the stupid web site froze up on me in the ordering process) so now I'm not sure if my order was completed or not. Guess I'll have to call them on Monday.

Hope things go more smoothly once I get the thing...I should have just called them in the first place, I guess.

DGK09

Well, I tried ordering Sky Angel online today and it didn't go through properly (I think -- the stupid web site froze up on me in the ordering process) so now I'm not sure if my order was completed or not. Guess I'll have to call them on Monday.

Hope things go more smoothly once I get the thing...I should have just called them in the first place, I guess.

DGK09

I'm sorry to hear that you had problems ordering on-line. It's going on a year and a half since I ordered my service and I think I received an email verification of the order.
I just did a search and found that I did receive an email verification which gave my customer number and order number. It sounds like your order didn't go through but you'll find out tomorrow.
I know you'll enjoy Sky Angel IPTV; we do.

Jeff

Same here. Just give them a call. Their CS is super friendly and helpful.

Also, be ready to call when you do your setup. I had to because I just could not get mine to work. Their tech support stays on the phone until they know it is working.

All in all, great so far! Good luck to you!

Thanks everyone! I didn't get any email from them as of this morning, and I've checked to make sure the credit card I used wasn't charged (it wasn't) so it must not have gone through, so I'll give them a call today.

DGK09

UPDATE: I was able to order the service yesterday successfully, and got my confirmation email this time so I know for sure it went through. I can't wait to get my box, etc. so I can start enjoying Sky Angel, as well! It's supposed to arrive within 7-10 days.

Thanks for the replies and comments, everyone!

DGK09

I have had service about a month and it's been really good. The channels I really wanted, I have now. I do wish they had history channel but so far after cutting directv I have been able to manage on OTA HD, skyangel and netflix! My son enjoys watching Qubo and I really dont have to worry about content, that's a plus! The cool thing is I can travel with the device so I'm not limited to just watching it at home. If I can find a decent internet connection I can watch tv. Ya most places have tv but when I got to the inlaws who only have OTA I can watch my fox news. It's really great.

Believe it or not, I got the box today! I just ordered the service on Monday. Now that's fast service!

I had a little trouble at first getting it to work with my wireless network and router, but it seems OK now. So far, I like it! I didn't get a chance to watch that much by the time I had it up and running, but I'll have a lot of time to watch tomorrow and especially this weekend.

DGK09

VERY happy so far! I got a chance to watch the Dove Awards on Gospel Music Channel, and a few other things, today. The picture quality is very good, even on my HDTV using the component cables sent with the box.

I'm glad I decided to get Sky Angel!

DeeKay09

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)