AltDVB and no lock with Cband

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vfrjim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 23, 2005
Rhode Island
I am using a Twinhan 1020A (tried both BDA drivers and WDM) and I have no problems using TSreader, DVBDream and MyTheatre on AnikF2 (cband) but no matter what I try, I cannot get AltDVB to lock on the same frequency/SR that all those 3 can lock on to, what is up with this? No Diseqc being used either. Does anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks

I am using a Twinhan 1020A (tried both BDA drivers and WDM) and I have no problems using TSreader, DVBDream and MyTheatre on AnikF2 (cband) but no matter what I try, I cannot get AltDVB to lock on the same frequency/SR that all those 3 can lock on to, what is up with this? No Diseqc being used either. Does anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks

AltDVB doesn't work properly when you choose the C-Band option.
I have tried the method below, which is taken from a post by hi11side at DVBN (which he says he took from bigjc on another forum), & it works.

When setting up a C-Band sat, select "Ku Linear" for the LOF Setting/LNB Type.
This gives 9750000/11700000/10600000
(I change it to 9750000/0/10750000, as don't have a switch or universal LNB).
Now you have to convert the C-Band freq into a Ku freq by deducting the C-Band freq from 14900.
Enter the result as the freq to be scanned.
Use the S/R as is.
Example: For C-Band freq 4180 Mhz enter 10720 (14900 - 4180).

Tried it without success, get green bars intermittently, but could not get a lock. I replied at DVBN, hopefully I can get something working with it. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts