Alternate HD Channel???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ace68

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 11, 2006
Snow Belt, OH
I know that my RSN Sports Time Ohio is not HD, But the home Indians games are shown in HD on channel 95/96.

Is there the same thing with CBS when the Browns are not in HD....Why aren't they broadcast in HD sometimes....Does anybody know what warrants a game to be broadcast in HD, I know they have the capability, Last weeks game was in HD....

Anyone Know?:confused:

Does anyone think this will change with the new sat's

CBS does not broadcast all of their games in HD & last week, the Browns game was the one they chose to be an SD broadcast. New Sat's can't change this when the game is not being broadcast in HD.

BTW, Cleveland/Oakland game this weekend is an SD game as well, as is the Cleveland/Baltimore game in week 4. CBS is not showing the Browns any love!

Last edited:
CBS does not broadcast all of their games in HD & last week, the Browns game was the one they chose to be an SD broadcast. New Sat's can't change this when the game is not being broadcast in HD.

BTW, Cleveland/Oakland game this weekend is an SD game as well, as is the Cleveland/Baltimore game in week 4. CBS is not showing the Browns any love!

The first week Browns game against the Steelers was in HD :)

Jimbo

CBS does not broadcast all of their games in HD. I think they will pick on the game they feel will not have as much viewership to not broadcast in HD. So the Browns will be perfect candidates most times, unless they are playing Pittsburgh, New England, or Indy.

Two years ago CBS had three games each week that were not broadcast in HD. The NFL stepped in and told them they have to eliminate that number by one game every year until all games are broadcast in HD. Last year CBS did not offer two games a week in HD, and this year one. So next year every NFL game will be broadcast in HD.

Two years ago CBS had three games each week that were not broadcast in HD. The NFL stepped in and told them they have to eliminate that number by one game every year until all games are broadcast in HD. Last year CBS did not offer two games a week in HD, and this year one. So next year every NFL game will be broadcast in HD.

Wow, Joe,
Thats the first I've heard that....
Thats pathetic on CBS's part.

Jimbo

I'm pretty sure it's 2009 that all CBS games will be in HD. They did 3 HD games /wk last year, will do at least 5 this year. But, Joe is right about the matchups. The "weak" matchups will be the SD games. Fox does the same thing. they only do 6 HD games/wk & some weeks have 7 games. Tampa Bay & Atlanta seem to have gotten a lot of SD games from Fox.

This week, there will be 6. Here's the next 2 weeks schedules:

CBS Sports 2007-08 NFL Schedule
Program, Time (ET)
NFL on CBS Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 23
The NFL Today presented by Southwest Airlines, 12:00-1:00 p.m.(CBS HD)
San Diego @ Green Bay, 1:00 p.m. (CBS HD)
Indianapolis @ Houston, 1:00 p.m. (CBS HD)
Miami @ N.Y. Jets, 1:00 p.m. (CBS HD)
Buffalo @ New England, 1:00 p.m. (CBS HD)
Cincinnati @ Seattle, 4:05 p.m. (CBS HD)
Jacksonville @ Denver, 4:05 p.m. (CBS HD)
Cleveland @ Oakland, 4:05 p.m.

NFL on CBS Week 4: Sunday, Sept. 30, CBS Doubleheader
The NFL Today presented by Southwest Airlines, 12:00-1:00 p.m.(CBS HD)
Houston @ Atlanta, 1:00 p.m.
N.Y. Jets @ Buffalo, 1:00 p.m.(CBS HD)
Baltimore @ Cleveland, 1:00 p.m.
Oakland @ Miami, 1:00 p.m.(CBS HD)
Denver @ Indianapolis, 4:15 p.m.-7:30 p.m. (CBS HD)
Pittsburgh @ Arizona, 4:15 p.m.-7:30 p.m.(CBS HD)
Kansas City @ San Diego, 4:15 p.m.-7:30 p.m.(CBS HD)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)