Strange HD access fee activity on my account

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PhillyFan

Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Hello! This is my first post on this forum. Hooked up my HR20-100 a few weeks ago and am awaiting the new HD channels. In the meantime, I noticed recent account activity on the D* site showed that on 9/15 I was hit with a $2.33 charge for HD access (in addition to my longstanding $9.99 charge), then was instantly credited back the $2.33. Although this cost me nothing, it seemed odd since it never happened before and occured in mid bill cycle. I called a CSR and was told that no notes appeared on the account. She had no explaination. Could this be some pro-rated monthly $4.99 additional HD access charge which was immediatly backed out because I am grandfathered into the $9.99 charge? Has anyone else seen similar activity?

I had this happen to me also. It happened when I called to deactivate two receivers and activate a new one. I was hit with an additional HD Access charge. I called up and they credited me back it, but now in my programming listings, it doesn't show HD Access anymore, but I'm still getting it though.

Greg

Interesting. I usually don't get too excited about odd charges and credits so long as my monthly bill doesn't change, but here I find the timing and the amount of the charge curious. My thought was that maybe this was some sort of preparation to starting the new HD packages, since it may be a sort of "bookmark" designed to show that I am entitled to the expanded HD channels without the additional $4.99 monthly charge which may be imposed on new subscribers. Or maybe its just a meaningless mistake... I guess we're all looking a little to hard for clues about new channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)