Alternate Sports Channels

Ray_Air

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 15, 2005
Someone who knows Dish better may be able to answer this. How come all the Alternate Sports channel games are ALWAYS blacked out? Why even offer them. I have never been able to get one alternate sports channel. I have AT180

they are there for that reason. if there is a game on espn blackout in your area, they usually have a game that is not blacked out on one of the espn alternate channels.

another better explaination may be for RSN's that carry 2 MLB teams, like ComCast Sports Net Chicago. Many times during the year, the Cubs and White Sox are playing at the same time with CSN carrying both games, one game is on channel 429, the other on the sports alternate. Same with FSN Southwest, Sun Sports, and FSN North.

If you live in an area that I described above, you'll be able to tune into a game on one of the "sports alternate channels" almost every night, if not, more than likely every game on the alternate channels will be blacked out for you. Where I live, the Milwaukee Brewers are on the alternate channels and if I had the KC Royals, which I don't, even though i'm less than 3 hours from KC, which is a topic for another day, the Royals telecasts would fall on the sports altnerate channels as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts